Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-09-2009, 03:42 PM   #61
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by sflights Quote
Hah, sorry but the broken record of replies of what else I should get was just starting to get irritating.

Of course KEH has both the DL and the DS for under $200, so now I just have to hope they're still both there for me to decide when I get enough money to afford one of them.
you cant really go wrong with a sub $200 Pentax. I hope they are still available for you when the time arrives.

01-10-2009, 09:04 PM   #62
Banned

I've read several of your posts on photography-on-the.net and you don't seem to be happy with any camera brand. I've recently switched from Pentax to Canon for better image quality, faster AF and accurate metering. Plus I like the ultra sonic lenses with IS better than the body SR of the K10d. The only thing that I miss about the K10d is the body, meanly the shell, it's built like a little tank. I think that you have a $$$ issue, more than a brand issue. What ever brand you decide on, spend the money, don't skimp on quality.
01-10-2009, 11:38 PM   #63
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hah, I forgot about this thread. I've decided to go with an XTi for now.
01-11-2009, 06:24 AM   #64
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by lostkj233 Quote
I've read several of your posts on photography-on-the.net and you don't seem to be happy with any camera brand. I've recently switched from Pentax to Canon for better image quality, faster AF and accurate metering. Plus I like the ultra sonic lenses with IS better than the body SR of the K10d. The only thing that I miss about the K10d is the body, meanly the shell, it's built like a little tank. I think that you have a $$$ issue, more than a brand issue. What ever brand you decide on, spend the money, don't skimp on quality.
several of your points are subjective opinion at best and can also greatly depend on a whole slew of different factors.

01-11-2009, 08:58 AM   #65
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
several of your points are subjective opinion at best and can also greatly depend on a whole slew of different factors.
What are you talking about???
01-11-2009, 09:10 AM   #66
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by lostkj233 Quote
What are you talking about???
QuoteQuote:
better image quality, faster AF and accurate metering.
that's what im talking about.

subjective at best. opinion. but you say it as if its fact. these can vary greatly (regardless of camera) depending on a number of factors and may not always be the camera. if I just misunderstood your point because of wording thats fine, but you make it seem that these things are fact, but they cannot be proven difinitevly. they are more opinion. (this of course doesnt apply to AF always), but different lenses can get different results and Pentax can out AF, (particularly regarding accuracy) canon and canon can out AF Pentax. it isnta s black & white as your wording suggests.