Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-10-2009, 11:03 AM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Loosecontrole, here is your wet dream :

From this link:

M37`M42 Adapter

I have to say that despite that I have a fetish for black bodies, that LX2000 looks beautifull!

01-10-2009, 11:06 AM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
I have an old book that suggests that there was originally an adaptor for M37 > M42, allowing the use of Asahiflex lenses on the Pentax bodies.
That would be in line with Pentax way of thinking for sure. Perhaps we should start a thread complaining that they don't provide a m37-to-K-direct-adapter
01-10-2009, 12:17 PM   #33

QuoteOriginally posted by pingflood Quote
.....For instance, I can stand there and fiddle with a stand-alone light meter and probably end up changing the camera to what a decent in-body meter would've come up with anyway. Or, I can set it in manual mode and fiddle with aperture and shutter until the meter says it's right, rather than doing Av or Tv mode to begin with. Neither adds any value since I already know how to do it, and just gets in the way of what really matters: the image. The same goes for autofocus. If I can get the camera to do exactly what I was intending to do except much faster (and more accurately) then why would I be hardheaded and do it manually, wasting time that I could use focusing (hah) on the actual content and framing?
I'm inclined to agree. I use AV almost exclusively (except with studio lights) and AF most of the time, particularly with dynamic subjects. AF is important to me for another reason - aging eyesight. About the only time I use manual focus is when shooting scenics and even then I'm often using the DOF scale on my 21mm pancake rather than actually focusing through the viewfinder. But in my younger days I had no trouble focusing manually and could do it quickly and accurately. Ahh to be young again!

Richard
01-11-2009, 06:43 AM   #34
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Douglas_of_Sweden Quote
Ah, didn't see that Séamuis already replied to that, but I'm happy I came with the right answer since I trust Séamuis knowledge on this much more than my own.

I know I've seen m39 to m42 adapters. Not sure about m37. Might have been made commercially looong ago when some more people cared.
you are correct, it was the 50mm 3.5. I believe they did have an adapter for m37 to m42, but I don't know for sure. however there was two adapters for M39. an adapter 'A' for use of M39's on m42 bodies, and an adapter 'B' for the use of m42 Takumars on M39 mount bodies. I am sure Ive seen documentaion on an M37 to M42 adapter but I just cant say for sure.

QuoteQuote:
I also believe (though Nikon fans keep quiet about it) that Asahi Optical made some of the first lenses used by Nippon Kōgaku Kōgyō Kabushikigaisha on their early cameras.
I have a hard time believing that because Nikon had already built a reputation for its m39 lenses long before its first camera (released in 1948?) it also had many contracts during WWII for various optics. nikon lenses were already well known, Asahi Opt. was not. so why would nikon forgo its own excellent quality lenses for a rival companies on its own camera? as far as I know the first nikon camera was the Nikon I and its standard lens was the Nippon Kogaku Nikkor-H 1:2 5cm. however it is a known fact that canon used nikon lenses on its first cameras.

Last edited by séamuis; 01-11-2009 at 07:04 AM.
01-12-2009, 04:52 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wildman Quote
I disagree. Your position is that there must be one and only one possible "best" camera for everyone. I would no more allow someone to tell me which camera is best for me than tell me who to marry.

You seem to know what you want. Fair enough. But give your friends the same respect.
Well.. I think that you are correct and I just did that. I told my friends to do whatever they want, and well 2 of 3 of them have now showed up with a brand-new pentax k20d So I guess there was no need to help them.

The 3.th one was chose a nikon D700 so well, if you have the cash there are a very good alternatives, but for us "humans" pentax gives u a lot for the money

I still don't know if I am going to buy a k20d or a Pentax 67 II yet.... Help me out!

Regards Emil
01-12-2009, 04:55 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Douglas_of_Sweden Quote
Loosecontrole, here is your wet dream :

From this link:

M37`M42 Adapter

I have to say that despite that I have a fetish for black bodies, that LX2000 looks beautifull!
Yammie!! It looks, but probebly feels fantastic. Just looking how hard it is to find any old pentax lenses these days I see the fact that this lens will be a little bit of trouble to find in the stores

Thanks mate!! Wonderful information indeed!!

Regards Emil