Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-10-2009, 04:18 PM   #1

k20d ttl meter gone with old lenses

I just bought some old manual apature lenses to use on my k20d. I have the camera set up to take pictures with the lenses but the ttl meter is gone now. Is there a way to get it back in the view finder. Its still useful with the old lenses too. I have it set to the manual exposure setting.

Thanks,
Heath

01-10-2009, 04:22 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
What do you mean TTL metering is gone? Could you be more specific?

Usually when you're in M mode, press the green button to make the camera adjust shutter speed according to preset aperture.
01-10-2009, 04:39 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There are 3 ways to meter with the K10D and K20D and manual apature lenses.

green button, where in manual mode, you set apature and the camera sets shutter speed when the green button is pressed, Unfortunately in this mode you don't see the meter.

DOF preview, when used also activates the meter and you can see the exposure +/- relitive to the correct esposure and make adjustments yourself

AV mode, which with K mount lenses meters and esposes based on wide open only, and with screw mount works in stoped down mode.

be careful however, as the metering with manual apature lenses is prone to errors.

see the attached

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/241716-post69.html
01-10-2009, 10:30 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks, I lucked into finding the meter using the DOF. Didn't think about the green button.