Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-13-2009, 10:27 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
K20D-In camera toning adjustments

In general I like that the K20D has so many available adjustments to color or b/w photographs. With monochome, I especially like the toning adjustment where you can not only use a filter color, but adjust the tone of that color either cool or warm.

I find the toning adjustments a bit big in steps, but I'm able to work around it just fine. Experimenting with them has brought some nice results imo. I found a particular setting of both color filter in b/w, and a toning adjustment combination I like and will be using. Nothing big here on the shot at all, just an example. I underexposed the shot a bit to accentuate the vignetting at little at 55mm on the kit lens (which is actually pretty well controlled at f5.6).

Here are a couple of shots for examples. Again, it is just the feel of the tone/color I like and have a use for now for a project I have coming up. It isn't quite sepia, having less red tone to it overall that I can see, but I gues would best qualify as Sepia if you wanted to label it.

This is shot at f3.5 which has more vignetting.