Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-16-2009, 02:43 PM   #1

Help with lenses?

Hi. This is my first post. Not sure if it should be here or in lenses.

I just purchased a used K10D kit, and I'm hoping someone can point me to a thread or site that gives details about using older lenses with this camera--meter-reading capabilities, lens designations, etc. This is my first Pentax, so I'm just learning the brand. I made the switch from Minolta after the death of my Maxxum 7D, Pentax seeming to have a "shooter's camera" philosophy that reminds me of Minolta. A big bonus with Pentax, though, is their support of older lenses--always a thorn in my side with Minolta, as I have 20 years of Minolta lenses for my film cameras, and am not shy about using manual focus.

Thanks in advance for any direction.

01-16-2009, 02:47 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Start with this thread and let us know if you have any more questions:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1036&message=24921509&changemode=1
01-16-2009, 04:03 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thank you. That's just what I was hoping for. Now to scour my local haunts for some good old primes.
01-16-2009, 05:51 PM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by unkabin Quote
Hi. This is my first post. Not sure if it should be here or in lenses.

I just purchased a used K10D kit, and I'm hoping someone can point me to a thread or site that gives details about using older lenses with this camera--meter-reading capabilities, lens designations, etc. This is my first Pentax, so I'm just learning the brand. I made the switch from Minolta after the death of my Maxxum 7D, Pentax seeming to have a "shooter's camera" philosophy that reminds me of Minolta. A big bonus with Pentax, though, is their support of older lenses--always a thorn in my side with Minolta, as I have 20 years of Minolta lenses for my film cameras, and am not shy about using manual focus.

Thanks in advance for any direction.
Magic Lantern has a really good guide for the K10D that you can get from Amazon for about $14 that will teach you all about the camera controls.