Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2009, 07:15 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Well I'd make sure you keep all these examples of the issue and create a disk of images. Use titles with the lens used and add a Word file with a describtion of the problem. Send the disk in with the camera. Good to know you have nailed the problem down.
Peter... thanks. Great idea. I was going to send prints, but I think I'll send a CD as suggested. I have started compiling this set. Additionally, I was thinking that if the other K10D gets back from factory it will have been thoroughly checked and I can take baseline comparison shots with that camera and the same lenses and send them in to prove that it is the body.

I appreciate this suggestion very much. Just the kind of sage advice for which I was looking. Same goes for all who have responded and voiced their opinions. Helpful in the extreme.

Seaain

02-01-2009, 07:51 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Original Poster
A quick update. Won't overload this with photos.

I can provoke the issue with four (4) lenses, incl. F 50mm f/1.7, Sigma EX DG 105mm 2.8 macro, Tamron 28-75mm 2.8, and a Pentax DA 55-300mm

Moreover I got my other camera body back and did a side by side comparison ALL THINGS equal including the lenses and it is clear that the issue is the camera.

I am sending the camera back this week. We'll see what happens. I'll keep you posted.

Seaain
02-01-2009, 10:56 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good luck Seaain!!
02-28-2009, 05:11 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Follow Up

The follow up is that I received the camera back this week. According to the work order they replaced circuit boards and/or the sensor and recalibrated the entire camera. Test shots this morning against the same back lit subject lead me to believe that the issue has been resolved.

Quick and efficient, and with no fuss whatsoever. Say what you will about Pentax. I've had two separate experiences with support in the past year - one minor, one major - two separate cameras. In both cases they've stood behind their products. Thanks Pentax, good work.

... to all of those here who weighed in on this issue... It really helped to talk it though. Your thoughts and help are very much appreciated. Peter, I want to also thank you in particular as you had a great idea with respect to the practical aspects of sending the camera in to support.

THANK YOU all!

woof!

02-28-2009, 05:36 AM   #35
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Glad to here that Woof. Just in time to do some spring shooting. You'll probably find the AF is a bit faster too. When I sent mine in, they upgraded the release number and it matched the K20D.

You can see an earlier discussion here:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/25711-k10d-update-...-1-yes-no.html
02-28-2009, 06:36 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Glad to here that Woof. Just in time to do some spring shooting. You'll probably find the AF is a bit faster too. When I sent mine in, they upgraded the release number and it matched the K20D.

You can see an earlier discussion here:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/25711-k10d-update-...-1-yes-no.html
Thanks Peter. For the life of me I cannot find the model revision data in Photome. Odd.

In any event, just anecdotal, both of my cameras came back from service with all my custom settings completely reset and both feel like they perform thibetter. I wish I could prove the revision level.

Seaain
02-28-2009, 08:33 PM   #37
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Turns out the newer versions of PhotoMe don't show the revision number. If you want to send me a jpeg st ptz[at]hotmail[dot]com I'll check it for you and see what my older version of Photome says.