Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2009, 02:50 PM   #31
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I stopped reading anything with Ricehigh name on it ages ago. He has a fixation against anything Pentax, and as a result, reality flew out the window ages ago IMHO.
Dont waste your time with it.

02-04-2009, 03:00 AM   #32
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by lol101 Quote
A small example extracted from my own experience with Canon's evaluative metering: camera on tripod, taking a portrait of my wife (black) and one of my kid (kind of white ), according to where I put the focus point (on my wife, on the kid, on one T-shirt or the other...) the camera chooses a different exposure... not a good thing!
Thanks for pointing this out. This is quite surprising. I cannot believe that Canon does not allow photographers to have the exposure done independently of the focus point selection. I wouldn't want to work against that behaviour.

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
My Canon 5D knows what focusing point mode I select, auto or manual, single or multiple (when the camera decides) and take all them into accounts as a whole
But this can be bad. As was explained again, In the above example the Pentax system will allow the photographer to have a consistent exposure (as the the metering is constant; there is no recomposition, just a reselection of focus point).

I believe you owe the other posters an apology for your condescending tone and accusing them for "not getting it" while, clearly, you did not get the simple, well presented argument against the inflexibility in Canon's system.