Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2009, 01:19 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sad day for my brand new K100D Super

Had to return it to the shop. They only had a K110D which turn out to be on
clearance and I received $60 back in-turn giving up the shake reduction. But this
K110D I have now is an awesome camera none-the-less.

The K100D Super I returned had 2 specs of dust that I just could not ignore looking
through the eyepiece. It turned out to be behind the upper prism. So for a brand
new camera I wasn't willing to deal with taking things apart so I returned it.

01-24-2009, 04:37 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PinarelloOnly Quote
Had to return it to the shop. They only had a K110D which turn out to be on
clearance and I received $60 back in-turn giving up the shake reduction. But this
K110D I have now is an awesome camera none-the-less.

The K100D Super I returned had 2 specs of dust that I just could not ignore looking
through the eyepiece. It turned out to be behind the upper prism. So for a brand
new camera I wasn't willing to deal with taking things apart so I returned it.
Every camera i own, film or digital, have some dust specks that i can see in the finder.

Does not affect picture quality, and i look past them.

Dave
01-24-2009, 04:46 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sorry. I have to say this. You made a big mistake. You gave up SR. It's a very important feature of all Pentax SLRs except the K110D. Maybe you can talk the camera store into cleaning the viewfinder for you.
01-24-2009, 05:11 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
You will soon find out that dust will enter your new camera in the same way and there is nothing you can do to prevent it. Best not to worry about it and just enjoy taking pictures.

01-24-2009, 06:02 PM   #5
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Stratario Quote
Sorry. I have to say this. You made a big mistake. You gave up SR. It's a very important feature of all Pentax SLRs except the K110D. Maybe you can talk the camera store into cleaning the viewfinder for you.
Yes for the most part I gave up SR but I bought the Pentax for long exposure shots with the pleasure of using the limited lenses to do so. So, SR won't help me with that anyways. $350 for the whole kit, I just couldn't pass up the K110D.

It's not the end for me anyway as far as SR. I expect to be picking up a K20D down the road soon.

QuoteOriginally posted by AlbertSiegel Quote
You will soon find out that dust will enter your new camera in the same way and there is nothing you can do to prevent it. Best not to worry about it and just enjoy taking pictures.
I absolutely agree but where the 2 dust particles were in the camera it was to much to ignore for a camera that was new and could not be cleaned except for the dealer sending it to Pentax.
01-25-2009, 03:28 PM   #6

Man, I just sold my E+ K110D (not gray market) with kit lens for $250. I guess my buddy got a good deal. I paid $399 for it in April 1997, so I thought it was a fair price.

Anyhow, it's a fine camera. I used it to shoot pictures of bees on flowers and tabletop product shots to sell stuff on eBay and it worked great. Shoots RAW, which is cool. So, take the money savings, use it and save up for that K20D or K30D