Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-28-2009, 05:29 AM   #16
Inactive Account

i downgraded from a k10 to a k2000
i don't miss the selectable AF points (only use center, and the Auto Select in Km is not bad),
don't miss the top lcd
what i miss is the orientation sensor. no biggie.

yep, alfisti nailed it right. if pentax just added a bit more features to the km/k2000, they'll sell these like ice cream on a hot summer day .
maybe a km super is in the works. who knows?

in case pentax is reading, here's my small "wish list":

1. add back the orientation sensor!
2. for most people, make the AF points selectable (may not be practical unless you spread the points out further though). add the red dot AF indicator
3. bigger buffer. the 3.5 fps is nice, but can't really take advantage if the camera slows to a crawl while it writes to the sd card

regards and enjoy your km!
jordan

Zenfolio | Jordan Paw Image Arts

Last edited by opiedog; 07-28-2009 at 05:37 AM.
07-29-2009, 10:09 AM   #17
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by yeedub Quote
Does anyone have any pictures of a K-m with a small lens like the FA50 or FA35 attached?
K-m + FA50. It's tiny (compared to another DSLR).

07-29-2009, 03:14 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ballgofar Quote
Boy, that is one happy customer. Look at all those exclamation points!
Indeed I am.......

Pentax can do little wrong in my book.

Dispite the K100D and K-m being a "base" model, it would have been nice to have the option to buy a battery pack.
Travor do one for the K100D as I have one and love it!

that is my main moan about the K-m, no battery pack!
but with lithium cells It lasts ages!

But as I am partially disabled the battery grip makes the K100D bigger and thus better for me to hold.
and with the K-m being that much smaller than the K100D it is not the best to hold!
I been compensating by fitting longer focal length lenses and holding them!
not the best answer but works for the time until Travor create a K-m grip!
07-30-2009, 06:26 AM   #19

I owned a K100D with the 11 point AF system and now am a happy owner of a Pentax K2000/KM. The two cameras operate differently, with the K100d being a great low light operator, so I generally keep it at iso 400. With the K2000, I found that iso 200 for even indoor shoots gives you fantastic results with my limited primes. I like the idiot proof faster AF system of the kM. While the K100D gave your more focus point options, you could occasionally
misfocus (user error) with it.

That being said, I was not happy with the K2000 on auto mode -- it falls short of the right combination of AV, shutter speed, and ISO, so it will be a problem for beginners or those who want a point and shoot camera. But I received fabulous tack sharp results in manual mode or AV mode with the K2000. It is also a very portable camera with a DA21mm or DA40mm lens attached to it.

I can't comment on the battery life just yet. However, when you purchase the k2000, Pentax sends a pamphlet on the Energizer AA lithium batteries. I plan to carry an extra set with me in case my old batteries run low.

07-30-2009, 07:32 AM   #20
Inactive Account

energizer lithiums last quite a while.
i'm currently testing the NiZn (nickel-zinc) batteries which have 1.6v vs 1.2 for nimh
so far, so good