Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2009, 05:09 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
tethered manual mode woes

did i even spell that right! anyhow... ok what i wana do is run my K10 at 30" @ f11 100iso tethered so i can do a continuous stream 1shot after the other-star trail stuff
i have the cam in manual mode iso100 30" f11 noise controll off, we all sweet untill i connect it to my pc using the pentax remote wares, take a test shot and all ok then set the intervalometer to take xyz shots one after the other-and boom! the cam sneaks back to 30'@f3.5 which is the max apature

but here's the strange thing, it only does this when the scene is very dark ie. below the range of the meter. if i use the same set up when there's ambient light as apposed to a darkened sky the manual settings hold for all shots, only goes wandering back to max f3.5 if there's no light ie. lens cap on or star trail stuff.
i thought it may have been a setting to compensate for gross under-exp but i checked that and nup PF's are all set not to intervene as far as i can tell, although i may be missing something here. i'm in manual, how is this possible, shouldn't it do what its told-whats the world coming to. this only seems to happen when tethered tis all ok when the k10 is all by him self.
anyone had the same issue, am i missing something here and whats the solution?
its got me shaking my head, any help appreciated.

01-24-2009, 05:21 PM   #2
Damn Brit

You didn't press the green button did you? It will do stuff like that if you press it while in manual.
01-24-2009, 05:28 PM   #3

Original Poster
nope- hands off the green button-also once it goes back to f3.5 it stays there till turn off and on again or de-tether, strange hey
01-30-2009, 02:53 AM   #4

Original Poster
looks like no-one has an answer -me either, bugger

01-30-2009, 12:28 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If the lens you are using has an aperture ring, try setting it off the A setting, since you are in manual mode anyway. Nothing will change then.