Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2009, 07:00 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Does it ever get old?

So, I have had my K200D for a few months now. I've taken just over 2,000 frames. Can anybody tell me when the honeymoon ends? I am just in love with this camera!

01-24-2009, 07:12 PM   #2
Veteran Member

In this modern electronic era, the love affair can tend to become rocky when the next year's new models are announced. Of course, we have several members here who are still passionately devoted to their *ist series cameras, so a Reno divorce is not a foregone conclusion.

Pssst! Want to really fall in love? Buy one of the old M42 era Pentax cameras.
01-24-2009, 10:11 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The honeymoon never ends. My sequence through some pretty nice Pentax gear has skipped many, many of the available steps.
1. - Original Pentax, preset apertures and all - 1961 - 1976
2. - Pentax KX with M42 adaptor - 1976 - 1980 - failing shutters on #1
3. - SF-1 - wanted a winder, the LX cost more than I had, and the KX I bought used had the wrong base plate so I could not just buy a winder for it.
4. - MZ-S - wife took over SF-1 due to AF, I needed a replacement
5. - k10d - my dad passed on (at 102+) and I splurged. Still have #3 and #4, should have kept #2.

Loved them all. I nearly bought (for Cdn$295) an almost mint original Pentax, but no, I take pictures. I'll keep what I have.
01-24-2009, 11:11 PM   #4

I don't think so as the creative possibilities are endless...especially when you start getting into the area of different lenses and off camera lighting...I haven't been around nearly as some others but I first got into photography with the K10d in late 2007 and have racked up about 20,000 shutter actuations since then.

01-24-2009, 11:28 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I think it depends on what you do with your camera. If all you use it for is to shoot the same thing over and over, it will get old pretty fast and your camera will be nothing but another piece of electronic equipment.

Love what you're photographing, and the love affair will never die.
01-25-2009, 01:15 AM   #6
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you see it as a honeymoon, take it this way.
You didn't marry K200D. You married Pentax. And Pentax will keep surprising, isnpiring, dissapointing and cheering you enough to love it for decades to come...
01-25-2009, 01:09 PM   #7

Original Poster
Excellent attitude from all.

My first SLR was my father's K1000. That was back in 1983. Since then, I have owned several Pentax SLR cameras, but I sold all of my equipment to go with a digital camera setup (Kodak P880), which at the time was a pretty hot piece of equipment (or so I thought). But, after a time, that P880 just wasn't meeting my needs and I needed to get something flexible and above all, REAL.

Real shutter, real sensor, real glass. I missed all of it again. I flirted with the thought of the Canon D450 for a time. But, I was influenced by this message board as well as the reviews out there and I fell in love of the thought of weather sealing. I couldn't help myself and ordered the K200D. I kid you not, every time that shutter actuates, I almost do an irish jig.

Wow, these things are addictive. Here's to hoping that the joy never ends. But, if it does, I am sure all of you will help see me through.

Thanks all... Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.