Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-21-2006, 09:25 AM   #1

istDS2 / flash

I see very few references to DS2, I guess it was a short run model; any comments on why?
Also, what are the key differences between the DS and DS2, esp. pertaining to flash: I was told by a Pentax rep. that my AF280t and 200t would work fine on ttl - anyone confirm this? Getting contradictory info from Pentax support sites.
Thanks,
T

10-21-2006, 05:20 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Since the DS2 came out a good while after the DS, those with *ist D's or DS's didn't upgrade because the only the software and back LCD was improved, and that's isn't enough of a reason to buy a new camera. I don't think there were any changes with regard to flash, though- both are TTL, but with no wireless support.

I'm a happy DS2 user myself, but now I'm about ready to switch to the K10D. Too bad TTL was taken out...

See this thread for more info on wireless flash: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/125-flashes-lighting-studio/359-wireless-flash-my-ds2.html

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-21-2006, 07:02 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Also, here's just a small reminder- only post already-answered questions in the FAQ. If you want to ask a question, go ahead and post in the the SLR or accessory forum, and I'll move it if it gets an adequate answer.

So, for now, I'm moving this to the DSLR talk forum.

Thanks!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-22-2006, 07:47 AM   #4
clm

I have a Samsung GX-1S which is a rebadged DS2. It seems to work with TTL auto flash, although the user manual gives no information about any flash other than the P-TTL SEF-36PZF(rebadged AF360FGZ). I tried AF280T and AF400FTZ with the kit lens and with my Vivitar 2X macro teleconverter + FA 50/1.7.

AF400FTZ

AF280T

Flash to subject was about 1 foot. Images are straight from camera, resized.

Last edited by clm; 10-22-2006 at 07:52 AM. Reason: add info.