Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-28-2009, 06:51 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
Um, that and the fact that the whole point of "M" mode is that you set the exposure and the camera doesn't change it. I sure as heck don't want the camera picking a new shutter speed for me every time I press the shutter button! It doesn't do that with DA lenses; it better not with M lenses!

Such a thing could have been implemented for Av mode, of course.
Just so you know, 2 years ago I proposed to pentax that they allow the camera to "learn" the maximum and minimum apature of a lens, with a green button function.

Press the green button with the lens set to minimum apature, meter wide open, then meter stopped down, and you now have the apature data that is transferred from pins 1,2,4,5,6 on the mount.

This would allow the camera to then control the lens like an A lens.

01-28-2009, 07:04 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Lowell, that's a very good idea. Did they respond? Guess no?

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
Just so you know, 2 years ago I proposed to pentax that they allow the camera to "learn" the maximum and minimum apature of a lens, with a green button function.

Press the green button with the lens set to minimum apature, meter wide open, then meter stopped down, and you now have the apature data that is transferred from pins 1,2,4,5,6 on the mount.

This would allow the camera to then control the lens like an A lens.