Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-28-2009, 10:15 PM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kenyee Quote
Search on ebay for DLI150. It's an old Minolta standard, ironically. And yes, they're slowly improving in capacity. There are ones w/ less and more than Pentax's OEM version...

I've personally used the Minolta variant as have a few folks here for a second battery...
Yeah, who cares about the Pentax batteries, i'm more concerned about how long the Minolta DLI 150's will be produced :-). I bought 3 for $10 apiece, i think it was BH but can't remember, might have been Adorama. They fit fine and seem to have a similar performance on my K10D.

Plus if Pentax produced K30 with the same battery, the demand for the Pentax batteries will be substantial for quite a long time, i would think.

01-28-2009, 10:32 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bikesmith Quote
Can anyone tell me anything about the long-term availability of K20D batteries? (snip)

Since Pentax picked a very common battery to use in the K20D (K10D, etc), long-term availability of the battery itself really isn't a major concern.

In addition to the Pentax branded D-L150 battery, the K20D camera will also accept the Konica Minolta NP-400 battery, Impact DL150 battery, CTA Digital DB-NP400 battery, Samsung SLB-1674 battery, Energizer ER-D710 battery, ACCU Energizer MNP400 battery, Sigma BP-21 battery, Inov8 B1251 battery, Digital Concepts BP-L150 battery, Wasaba Power BTR-NP400-JWP battery, and Dolica DX-DL150 battery, each available in various mAh ratings.

This particular battery design has been used in everything from remote garage door openers to electronic test equipment - and, of course, cameras.

stewart
01-28-2009, 10:51 PM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stewart_photo Quote
Since Pentax picked a very common battery to use in the K20D (K10D, etc), long-term availability of the battery itself really isn't a major concern.

In addition to the Pentax branded D-L150 battery, the K20D camera will also accept the Konica Minolta NP-400 battery, Impact DL150 battery, CTA Digital DB-NP400 battery, Samsung SLB-1674 battery, Energizer ER-D710 battery, ACCU Energizer MNP400 battery, Sigma BP-21 battery, Inov8 B1251 battery, Digital Concepts BP-L150 battery, Wasaba Power BTR-NP400-JWP battery, and Dolica DX-DL150 battery, each available in various mAh ratings.

This particular battery design has been used in everything from remote garage door openers to electronic test equipment - and, of course, cameras.

stewart
Now this is a useful post.... I didn't even know Energizer made them too
01-29-2009, 12:08 AM   #19
Veteran Member

I Bet..

.. Before you cannot find the "proprietary" battery anymore, your K20D has already been replaced!

Any more worry? :-)

QuoteOriginally posted by Bikesmith Quote
Can anyone tell me anything about the long-term availability of K20D batteries?

Given Li-ionís short shelf life and the terrible luck Iíve had with after-market batteries in my Panasonic, this is the one concern that keeps the ďK200D or K20DĒ decision from being a no-brainer.

I tend to keep things for many years and the capabilities of either the K200D or K20D should be adequate for my intended uses far into the future. Photography isnít my main hobby so I doubt Iíd ever wear either unit out.

The one thing that keeps me leaning towards the K200D is that I know Iíll always have access to new batteries and that their technology will just get better.

01-29-2009, 10:23 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Vylen Quote
Now this is a useful post.... I didn't even know Energizer made them too

Prices vary greatly as well depending on the target market. I've seen the exact same battery for garage door openers selling for as low as $11.95.

Mouser Electronics (a reputable electronics parts speciality mail order company) had the 1700 mAh ACCU Energizer MNP400 battery in a recent catalog for $6.85, also sold bundled with a mini quick charger, not much larger than the battery, for $13.95. Clearly remember it because I almost bought the bundle just for the tiny charger alone (don't need more batteries). Don't have the most up-to-date catalog, so don't know if any of that is still available.

stewart