Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-28-2009, 08:47 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Question about Katzeye

Hi,
I received the katzeye last night. Installed it. The installation turned out to be very easy. Tried it with a couple of my lenses - looks great! Thanks a lot to stevebrot, again.
Now, the question is: is it possible that the indication of a focus is different from the AF on the wrong side?
Let me explain. I did a few snaps of a wall calendar and then reviewed the pictures in the playback magnified. The pictures taken in AF looked sharper then in MF.
This was quick and dirty, nothing substantial. I'm just exploring possibilities.
Thank you very much,

01-28-2009, 09:06 AM   #2
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by sinus007 Quote
Hi,
I received the katzeye last night. Installed it. The installation turned out to be very easy. Tried it with a couple of my lenses - looks great! Thanks a lot to stevebrot, again.
Now, the question is: is it possible that the indication of a focus is different from the AF on the wrong side?
Let me explain. I did a few snaps of a wall calendar and then reviewed the pictures in the playback magnified. The pictures taken in AF looked sharper then in MF.
This was quick and dirty, nothing substantial. I'm just exploring possibilities.
Thank you very much,
Did you put the screen in backward? I think that is the most common problem.
01-28-2009, 09:39 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I put it in the same orientation as the original screen.
01-28-2009, 09:43 AM   #4
Veteran Member

the existence of the "tab" prevents one from putting the screen upside down

01-28-2009, 09:44 AM   #5
Veteran Member

to the OP

the pictures of your wall calander

is the camera at a 90* angle to it?

what lens was used?

tripod?
01-28-2009, 11:11 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hi,
As I mentioned, it wasn't really a test. No tripod, just quick snapshots to see how it looks, etc.
I used 16-50 @50mm and 50. As for the exact (90*) angle, I don't see relevance: I was focusing on a line of about 2mm thick from about 2m @f/2.8 and the area I was looking at was in the center of the picture?
In the next few days I'll try to test it in a proper way. Meanwhile just asking, could be my imagination or unsteady hand. Sorry if I confused you.
Thanks gain,
01-28-2009, 11:31 AM   #7
Pentaxian

I assume the K200D needs the same shim thing as the K100D - are you sure you got that installed correctly?