Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-06-2009, 07:13 AM   #16
Inactive Account

Ordered my Kata 3N1-20 on Saturday from prophotobags @ $79.99 w/ free shipping. It arrived yesterday the same day as my K20D kit+ from Cameta Camera I ordered last Friday. That was just like Christmas except the UPS guy wasn’t wearing a red suit.

My Pentax AF540 I purchased from prodigital2000 on eBay (same company) this past Monday is scheduled for delivery this coming Monday. The concerns I heard about poor communication and slow shipping were not an issue on these purchases. I received order confirmation and shipping tracking emails quickly.

02-06-2009, 07:21 AM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Companys like that have to wait for the products to fall off the back of a truck, not wait for customs to clear it...lol
02-06-2009, 11:20 AM   #18

I got my FA 50mm 1.4 a week after placed the order. I consider it fast since it was ship from ON, Canada. The lens is well packed, great item. If you live in the west cost, it might take 2 weeks to arrive since it's UPS International Ground delivery.
02-06-2009, 12:31 PM   #19

QuoteOriginally posted by GerryL Quote
Their prices have gone up. $699 now.
I used to always look at the prices of the K20D and they offered it the lowest...then.
I guess instead of K20D prices going down because of a rumour of upcoming new models, but they actually shot up!
May be they track the currency market? I'd think that their cost/price is fixed in CAN$, leaving them free to adjust price in US$.

02-09-2009, 09:56 AM   #20
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
I bought the DA 14mm F2.8 from these guys off Amazon last week.

Deal was quick, easy, and cheap--best price I found on the 14mm.

No issues.

Seems like they are exploiting currency issues as noted above.
02-10-2009, 01:54 PM   #21

I am new to PENTAXFORUMS and after a lot of research I to found the body for $699 usd on amazon through prophotbags. I placed my order today just after coming across this discussion... I'll post if anything strange happens, but at this time I am confident that I will have no problem.
02-17-2009, 05:05 PM   #22
Pentaxian

US Warranty

It's not clear, but you may have to ship to Canada for warranty work. I've seen the price on the K2000 and have emailed them, through Amazon, asking how warranty work is handled for a US-based purchaser.
02-18-2009, 02:51 PM   #23

QuoteOriginally posted by glanglois Quote
It's not clear, but you may have to ship to Canada for warranty work. I've seen the price on the K2000 and have emailed them, through Amazon, asking how warranty work is handled for a US-based purchaser.
That's a great question, I would love to hear what they say about warranty work. I have heard that some companies (Nikon for instance) are very strict about warranty work for grey market and foreign purchased goods.

02-18-2009, 03:04 PM   #24
Veteran Member

this question comes up a lot, all pentaxes are sold with at least a 1 year international warranty. canadians are lucky to get 2 years
they're not nikon anal where they code your product to the country and then restrict warranty service.
02-18-2009, 03:17 PM   #25
Inactive Account

I ordered a 40mm f2.8 pancake lens through them. Before ordering, I emailed them about the warranty which they said was a North American warranty valid in both the US and Canada. An email to Pentax confirmed that the warranty was valid in the US.
02-18-2009, 03:27 PM   #26

Thanks k100d and JackProton thats exactly what I wanted to hear!
02-18-2009, 04:38 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Usually when it comes from Amazon, it can be trusted 'coz Amazon backs up the sellers.
If the sellers doesn't push through, report it to Amazon and they will take care of your purchase.
02-26-2009, 10:15 AM   #28
Pentaxian

Warranty Info from Prophotobags

QuoteOriginally posted by preventfires Quote
That's a great question, I would love to hear what they say about warranty work. I have heard that some companies (Nikon for instance) are very strict about warranty work for grey market and foreign purchased goods.
They responded that the camera is supported by Pentax USA for the first year and Pentax Canada for the second year. I did not verify this with Pentax as I chose a USA-authorized dealer (Imaging World via *Bay for $500 shipped).

I may have missed out on the second year but NAFTA does not drive all my purchase decisions. And there's always SquareTrade and Mack if I'm really interesed in that second year. I have not answered that question yet.

By the way, Pentax advises that their warranties are not transferrable, meaning in force only for the original purchaser from an authorized dealer. For those who discuss the presence (or absence) of a warranty card, Pentax further advised me that there is no warranty card - the only acceptable documentation is a copy of the original, itemized sales receipt. My K2000 came with a card noting my serial number but also noting that it is NOT a warranty card.

If I got the correct info, this should untangle a lot of wandering threads here.
03-30-2009, 12:53 PM   #29
Pentaxian

Ordered the DA40 from them on the 21st, haven't heard a word since. Got an email from Amazon on Friday telling me that since there'd been no confirmation from prophotobags, my card had not been charged.

Today I emailed them via ebay (prodigital2000) and their website (Carman's Foto). Got this response via prodigital:

QuoteQuote:
The reason that you have not received your lens yet is because they are currently on backorder. Pentax has stopped all shipments to retailers until after April 1st when they are raising their prices.

Sorry for the delay, we are hoping we will be receiving them shortly.
This is interesting since Amazon reported them as having exactly 1 in stock when I ordered it, but I guess when the stock is down that low there's some room for error.

Just hope I get it at the price I ordered, and not the higher price.

edit: they just confirmed I'll be getting it at the price I ordered. Hooray.

Last edited by deadwolfbones; 03-30-2009 at 01:16 PM.
03-31-2009, 01:21 PM   #30

this would explain why when I recently went out to price a lens I saw next to nothing on their ebay site!