Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-31-2009, 01:00 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Preserving EXIF

I have run into a bit of a problem of late. I find that the photos I am taking, and then doing a little PP on are showing no exif.
I took a photo direct from camera, resized only, in PP, "Saved As" to retain original as well, but no EXIF is retained.
I have submitted many photos over a long period to PPG, no problem,(other than 100% non acceptance) now every shot comes up unacceptable because of no retained EXIF for eg.

Is it a camera setting that is the problem?
Is it happening during PP?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated..

# Camera is K10d

01-31-2009, 01:06 PM   #2
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Bramela Quote
I have run into a bit of a problem of late. I find that the photos I am taking, and then doing a little PP on are showing no exif.
I took a photo direct from camera, resized only, in PP, "Saved As" to retain original as well, but no EXIF is retained.
I have submitted many photos over a long period to PPG, no problem,(other than 100% non acceptance) now every shot comes up unacceptable because of no retained EXIF for eg.

Is it a camera setting that is the problem?
Is it happening during PP?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated..

# Camera is K10d
It is likely stripped in the PP, what software do you use for PP? Are your pictures taken in RAW or JPEG?
01-31-2009, 01:12 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Most likely whatever software you are using provides an option to control whether EXIF is preserved or not.
01-31-2009, 01:59 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I am using Corel Photomatix, which I like, as it suits my needs well.
I will do some more research in there and see what I can come up with.
Will report back.

01-31-2009, 08:11 PM   #5
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
If you still have the original image you can use PhotoME (which is free) to export the Exif and then import it into the processed image.

Rusty
01-31-2009, 08:17 PM   #6
Inactive Account

I use Thumbs Plus for a lot of simple PP task, I can even use a watermark and keep my info intact. I also use Photobucket to upload my shots online since Pbase seems to strip all data.

Barry
01-31-2009, 09:45 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks for all the valuable information guys. Yes I have PhotoMe and have done as suggested.
Looked into my PP program as well, and now have overcome the problem .
Many thanks from a rather naive computer operator. At my stage of life, its going too fast for me, but I hang in there. Thanks heaven for a capable daughter