Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-03-2009, 07:58 AM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LaHo Quote
Not the propwer way, but very effective - Scotch Magic Tape 810.

I'll probably receive a lot of flack for this, but it works, and it is safe - as long as you are sure that your batteries are properly charged.

I set the camera on sensor cleaning, take a 6-8 inch piece of Scotch Magic tape and fold it into a loop with the adhesive side out. Using the back end of a pen or a pencil I lightly touch the sensor with the tape and make sure that it is in contact all the way from side to side. I lightly pull the tape away from one side.

For good measure, I use another piece of tape, repeat and this time pull the tape away in the other direction.

Sensor absolutely clean - and fear not: there is absolutely no glue/adhesive on the sensor. It is as clean as it can be.

Test before and after with a picture of the sky at smallest aperture and focus not at infinity.

I don't recommend it if you are nervous about this solution, but I can guarantee that it works well for me.

It has been my only cleaning method in combination with the occasional blast from a blower for more than three years on the DS and more than two years on the K10D.

---

If you are sceptical - try cleaning the top and back LCD with the tape or a dirty filter. It really works.

EDIT:
Use ONLY Scotch Magic Tape 810 - this tape has a special kind of adhesive

Insane!!! Most of the dust particles are gone with the rocket blower, but I still have one big spot that won't go away.... but this practice is just so crazy... I might just try it.

If i don't get my hands on an arctic butterfly looks like ill have to look for some magic tape 810

thanks for the insane tip!

02-03-2009, 11:35 PM   #17
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
From the 3m Site
"Scotch® Magic™ Tape 810 (Matte Finish-Permanent)

The very best tape for the office. Disappears on paper and won't show on copies. Pulls off the roll smoothly and cuts easily. Resists splitting and tearing. Easy to handle and apply. Resists yellowing and drying out. "

WOW!!! and it resists yellowing and fading!!! Can't say that about a lot of sensor cleaning methods! But hey, if it works...?