Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-03-2009, 10:50 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
white Pentax spotted

I don't know if this thing's in general circulation now but I spotted my first white Pentax in my favourite camera shop in Ebisu in Tokyo. Not a bad price for a future collector's item.

02-03-2009, 11:59 PM   #2

that's expensive for a KM( after exchange rate). Why would any one want it white, specially when most lens are black or sliver, doesn't really match to the white.
02-04-2009, 01:35 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by winglik Quote
that's expensive for a KM( after exchange rate). Why would any one want it white, specially when most lens are black or sliver, doesn't really match to the white.
whoa.. yea... after converting to AUD that's almost as expensive as a K20D with the standard 18-55mm kit lens
02-04-2009, 07:53 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Looks about as odd as the silver FA Limited lenses on a black body, I would imagine. Something that people just get used to seeing.

02-04-2009, 10:02 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I know a lot of people make fun of it, but I think it is kinda cool. Sometimes it is nice to have something really different from the norm. Apple certainly did this with the iMacs...remember when they came in colors? This made a lot of people who wouldn't have been interested in owning a Mac to want one. My husband, who only knows a little about photography from me, really likes the white KM...it is the kind of thing what would bring him into a DSLR.
02-04-2009, 10:47 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I like it. There I said it... I also like the "buzz" it brought to Pentax. Thanks for posting the picture. It is interesting to see it that way instead of in the typical studio shot where everything is perfect.
02-04-2009, 11:52 AM   #7

I like it too!

02-04-2009, 12:48 PM   #8

That's almost $1K USD, I can get a K20D with a decent lens.
02-04-2009, 01:14 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Man that thing must be impossible to keep clean!

Pat
02-04-2009, 01:21 PM   #10
Veteran Member

It is a collector item and I am getting it too
02-04-2009, 03:04 PM   #11
Veteran Member

So sexy. Once I have a job and real disposable income, I'd be getting myself stuff like this.
02-04-2009, 03:54 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
expensive in Tokyo

All electronics are expensive in Tokyo. Actually, all of *everything* is, I still can't over what I pay for rent. And the exchange rate is why all of the Japanese manufacturers -- even Toyota -- are posting losses these days. Well, maybe not Nintendo. 8)

Come to think of it, though, Pentax might be charging a premium for this model given that it's a limited run. Or it could be that the little camera shop / photolab I frequent has it there as an eyecatcher with no intention of selling it, and raised the price accordingly. That was actually the purpose of my post, to show that I'd spotted it in a store.
02-04-2009, 04:09 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
crap photos

QuoteOriginally posted by PentaxPoke Quote
I like it. There I said it... I also like the "buzz" it brought to Pentax. Thanks for posting the picture. It is interesting to see it that way instead of in the typical studio shot where everything is perfect.
I apologize for the barely legible keitai photos. m(_ _)m

As for the other post about keeping it clean, I doubt it would be any different from a silver model, which shows dirt very easily. I came across a couple of white Minolta bodies (8000i, I think?) from fifteen(?) years ago that seemed to be in great condition. No discolouration or signs of wear and tear at all.
02-04-2009, 05:21 PM   #14

I am really not attracted to the white body myself, but it's the same camera inside regardless of case so I might pick one up for a third body some day, depending on how they do price wise and what their reputation at the time.
02-09-2009, 04:58 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster

Dropped in again today and saw that this camera had already sold.