Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-04-2009, 03:56 AM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
You made a good deal

Here in New York, B&H (one of the best, low cost, dealers) shows the K20D + 16-45 at @ US $1400. and discounts it to US $1100. A used BG2 grip usually sells for about $110. A new Pentax battery is over $40. The 360 Flash is selling at over $200 new. The SD card varies too much to add in. Throw in the other niceities your getting and you beat the best NY price by quite a bit (let alone the add in for shipping to you).
Congratulations. Welcome to the family.

02-04-2009, 04:08 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by calicojack Quote
Here in New York, B&H (one of the best, low cost, dealers) shows the K20D + 16-45 at @ US $1400. and discounts it to US $1100. A used BG2 grip usually sells for about $110. A new Pentax battery is over $40. The 360 Flash is selling at over $200 new. The SD card varies too much to add in. Throw in the other niceities your getting and you beat the best NY price by quite a bit (let alone the add in for shipping to you).
Congratulations. Welcome to the family.
That's so nice to hear! (not nice to hear that you have to pay that much for a pentax, so don't missunderstand me) haha
but nice to hear I did a good deal

Everything is brand new. My friends was thought that I was buy it used. And still they told me I did a good deal. It was nice see their faces when I told them everything was brand new

Thank you very much!
02-04-2009, 05:07 AM   #18
Inactive Account

Wow- that was a great deal!

If you want to read more about the 16-45mm search the forums a little. Benjamin Kanarek - or benjikan in this place (fashion photographer) has been praising it quite a lot
02-04-2009, 05:20 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by freeload Quote
Wow- that was a great deal!

If you want to read more about the 16-45mm search the forums a little. Benjamin Kanarek - or benjikan in this place (fashion photographer) has been praising it quite a lot
Okej, I will. Thanks!

News for all of you

The guy just send me an e-mail telling me that they was change the battery-grip for an other one that they was only use like a demo-ex in the store.

It is new, it looks new, and it's the same as a new. But he gave me a 50$ lower price

So if you did think it was a good deal before....not it's that -(minus) 50$ Awsome!

02-04-2009, 06:29 AM   #20

thats a really good deal!!!

good job and welcome to the pentax family!
02-04-2009, 08:11 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by chicochongchu Quote
thats a really good deal!!!

good job and welcome to the pentax family!

Thank you my friend

I'm looking for a very very very very cheap 50mm lens f1,8 or bigger (manual or autofocus nevermind)

Any ideas?
02-04-2009, 08:15 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Fantastic and congratulations. Those who say a new camera won't improve your images have never been under the influence of the buzz you are feeling right now. Go capture the world while the magic lasts.

02-04-2009, 09:41 AM   #23

QuoteOriginally posted by losecontrol Quote

Thank you my friend

I'm looking for a very very very very cheap 50mm lens f1,8 or bigger (manual or autofocus nevermind)

Any ideas?
well, i really think the price of the FA 50mm f1.4 is really reasonable. Brand new ones go for like $200 USD (average) If you can find second hand ones, I'm sure it will be cheaper, but really... the brand new price is worth every penny...
02-04-2009, 02:55 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by chicochongchu Quote
well, i really think the price of the FA 50mm f1.4 is really reasonable. Brand new ones go for like $200 USD (average) If you can find second hand ones, I'm sure it will be cheaper, but really... the brand new price is worth every penny...
I agree that if you don't mind spending around $200 and value autofocus, you're not going to improve on buying a brand new FA50/1.4. but if you're looking for much cheaper and just as good in IQ and don't mind giving up AF, then a used manual focus 50 is the way to go. The A50/1.7 is probably the best bang-for-the-buck in that AF is *all* you give up (the "M" series involves giving up some exposure automation, M42 lens have their own sets of issues, etc). You should be able to find an A50/1.7 for around $50. If you don't mind dealing with the lack of exposure automation, you can get an M50/1.7 for half that.
02-04-2009, 03:59 PM   #25

Photos: Albums
jeez, 200dolllars for a new one. You lucky... here (in sweden) it sells for at least 300. damn! (couldnīt find the dollar sign on the swedish keyboard, I have the ugly € instead)
02-04-2009, 05:24 PM   #26

I use the 16-45mm every day and I can attest that it is not only a great lens and plenty sharp considering it's not a prime, but it is as durable as a Land Cruiser. Sadly, I dropped mine yesterday, bending multiple metal pieces. A little Leatherman surgery, twisted it back on and I was back shooting 15 minutes after the drop. Boy, I never felt more stupid or clumsy at that moment. I dodged a big bullet.

Last edited by alderfall; 02-04-2009 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Spelling error
02-04-2009, 05:27 PM   #27

QuoteOriginally posted by debbie Quote
jeez, 200dolllars for a new one. You lucky... here (in sweden) it sells for at least 300. damn! (couldnīt find the dollar sign on the swedish keyboard, I have the ugly € instead)
Yeah, you have the ugly key and the stronger currency (at least at present).
02-04-2009, 06:02 PM   #28
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by losecontrol Quote
They guy told me some pentax-secrets as well...not about the gear, but about the company.

I just say like this: Pentax will not go out of bussniess
Want to share anything?
02-04-2009, 06:27 PM   #29

I think I would go with the Nikon d90. My k20d is back at pentax. If I didn't have so much in pentax would go with the Nikon. I would sell it all on eBay but there fees are so high. I had an ist dl, and k10d. I now have a k20d and k100d super. Out of all of them I like the results of the k20d the least. I have a DA* 50-135, f50 1.4, f 35-70, DA 50-200, A50 1.7, A50 2.0, f 70-210 and a sigma 24-60 ex. The k20d is at the Pentax Factory now. I get soft focus on all my lens except for the Sigma. I had Sigma adjust the lens for the body. Sigma is 5 miles from my house. They did it while I waited in the lobby. I set the auto focus adjustment at -10 for all lens and it still was front focusing. The sigma works with no adjustment. Now when the body comes back the sigma will probably back focus? I also wonder how long pentax will be making cameras with the poor market share that they have. Also what will happen to my DA lens when they go full frame and I up grade.
02-05-2009, 12:06 AM   #30
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by alderfall Quote
I use the 16-45mm every day and I can attest that it is not only a great lens and plenty sharp considering it's not a prime, but it is as durable as a Land Cruiser. Sadly, I dropped mine yesterday, bending multiple metal pieces. A little Leatherman surgery, twisted it back on and I was back shooting 15 minutes after the drop. Boy, I never felt more stupid or clumsy at that moment. I dodged a big bullet.
Okey, bad luck. But nice news you like the lens, especilly the durability!

Thank you very much