Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-27-2007, 04:20 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You missed some important info

QuoteOriginally posted by rodo Quote
TRAMP! ITS NOT IMO PATHETIC AND DONT BE SO INSULTING SAYING I NEED A DOCTOR ,I AM SURE YOUR OTHER POSTERS WOULD NOT BE SO SILLY AS YOU . OR AS RUDE TO A NEW MEMBER I SURE THEY ALL ADMIRE YOU EH,IF YOU READ YOU WILL SEE I HAVE TWO CAMERAS I HOPED MY BRO WOULD LIKE ONE TO REPLACE HIS D40 .ITS NOT THE TWO CAMERAS WE HAVE HERE IS MY CONCERN IF YOU BOTHER TO READ ITS THE DUST CATCHER STICKY STRIP WILL IT PEEL OFF CAN IT BE REPLACED IN FUTURE IS IT POSSIBLE IT COULD DETACH ITSELF SPEWING DUST AND STICKY STUFF INSIDE THE BODY , THAT WAS MY SIMPLE QUESTION AND ITS NOT A PAIR OF SHOES OR A SHOELACE SILLY ITS ABOUT EXPENSIVE CAMERAS WHAT (GLUE ) HAVE YOU BEEN SNIFFING TO MAKE YOU MAKE SUCH RUDE COMENTS ABOUT A NEW POSTERS QUESTION KIND RGRDS RODO UK.
Rodo,

You must have missed a few posts in your research. Let me help you out. It is a well known fact the Pentax engineers were so enraged when they found out how low the marketing department planned on selling the K10D they took immediate action. It has been reported the lead designer said “OK, if they are going to sell it at a disposable price we will make sure it is a disposable”. Many ideas were kicked around like using a Canon type shutter so it would wear out quicker. They finally settled on the ingenious idea of the sticky paper. It has been installed with a slowly degrading anaerobic type glue that will give way in exactly 3 years, 4 months, and 12 days. That is all the time the engineers felt the buyers were entitled to considering the price of the camera. They also sealed it and called it weather proofing. The truth of the matter is that just drives up the repair price when the sticky paper has to be replaced.
I found out about all of this prior to purchasing the K10D but still did because as a masochist I enjoy the thrill of buying old manual lenses that make me work harder. The outrageous prices I have to pay on ebay also helps. If you are the type that likes to worry and fret over things like, “Well Pentax survive?”, this is the place for you. I suspect you are and let me welcome you to the forum. Your mindless worrying and whining will be a welcome asset here.

Regards,

03-27-2007, 04:29 PM   #17
Inactive Account

GOOD TRAMP !Is that your best insult heres one back bully boy !
Please pass them up ,you are the sad old bald troll with bad attitude , old bad camera and (photos that suck) having looked!you gota nerve posting those ! only imo of course.
Why thank you RODO it's so nice to get a true critique from such a knowledgeable photographer as you. But then again I haven't seen any of your pictures. So I don't know if I could call you a photographer or just what I should call you.

And to all those forum members that have been reading this thread I apologize for my childish behavior and for my bad photos I have made you look at. So I will take my leave. I will leave you with King RODO the most excellent troll. Long live King RODO.

Last edited by Photo Tramp; 03-27-2007 at 04:39 PM.
03-27-2007, 04:41 PM   #18
Inactive Account

Rodo,

I haven't seen the sticky tape of which you refer, but I would assume that it won't be an issue unless you actually mess with it yourself. My advice: don't worry about it and don't touch it!

Jared
03-27-2007, 04:53 PM   #19
Veteran Member

What is going on?

[QUOTE=Fnarf;41071]

On the off-chance that you are serious, and not a lunatic as your posts suggest, I urge you to consider that perhaps the reason no one but you is discussing this "issue" in the forums is that it's not an issue at all?

There is no "sticky strip" problem with these or any other cameras.

The only problem with your camera, or cameras, which I frankly do not believe you own at all, is behind the viewfinder.
Why is my name next to the quote by "RODO"?
That is scarry..It should have said "Rodo" and not "benjikan" Oh no, I am cursed!!!!

03-27-2007, 05:11 PM   #20
Veteran Member

My Profound Apologies to you "RODO"

[QUOTE=rodo;41087]
QuoteOriginally posted by Fnarf Quote

Well your wrong just to give you your dollars worth back (BUT THAT AINT WORTH MUCH IS IT THESE DAYS OPPS SORRY ) it could well be an issue? I dont know thats why I asked . Get a piece of sticky tape wrap some around your fingers and touch any surface you will see it picks up dust a lot of it , so i presumed the sticky strip might in the two cameras we have become filled with dust or maybe not , or could it come unstuck like my sony R1 rubber hand grip did or go dry and break up or is there any chance the camera can or has to go back for a service and advice to have the gluestrip replaced , I DID NOT KNOW THATS MY QUESTION /WAS MY QUESTION why Iwas slagged off and insulted by insulting village idiots and scumbags IMO it seems over this question I dont know, Sounds like this is a wonderfull club for bully boys, banned other forum members, and whore admiring photo shooters! whow i dont know if this place is cool or hell! Rodo uk.
Dear Rodo;

I have had time to think about all that has transpired and I have come to the conclusion that I was very harsh with you. I think I could have been more patient in dealing with your concerns and should have considered your questions with greater empathy. I think your input at Pentax Forums is as valuable as any other members and the fact that you did bring up the "Sticky" thing problem has opened my eyes to a potential problem that I probably didn't want to confront. I must admit, that being sponsored by Pentax biased my perspective and I probably didn't want to admit to the fact that this may eventually turn in to a major issue.

Therefore, please accept my profound apologies and hoping that you stay with us here at "PentaxForums". I am sure all of us here feel the same regrets that I do in regards to my abhorrent behavior.

Thanks
Ben
03-27-2007, 05:13 PM   #21
Inactive Account

Ok Rodo. I guess you deserve to be treated as any other member here. I do apologize for my remarks and I will not be rude to you any longer. I hope you can see your way to forgiving me my off handed reaction to your post.

As for your question about the tape I don't think you will have any problem with it affecting your camera.
03-27-2007, 05:16 PM   #22

Rodo,
You came here and asked a question. You then asked essentially the same question on Steves. It has been answered by numerous people, Tramps, Whore-makers, village idiots, scumbags and others. They have all given you the same answer. Since you seem unwilling to accept any of these opinions, but rather continue to compain about the imagined (yes, a problem that does not exist is imagined) "sticky strip problem" (TM 2007 Rodo), I would strongly urge you to sell the cameras as soon as possible and buy any other camera that would make you happy. Perhaps a Sony Alpha or Canon Digital Rebel XTI/D400.
03-27-2007, 05:30 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Pentax Will Fix It...Before it Can Happen

QuoteOriginally posted by silverbullet Quote
Rodo,
You came here and asked a question. You then asked essentially the same question on Steves. It has been answered by numerous people, Tramps, Whore-makers, village idiots, scumbags and others. They have all given you the same answer. Since you seem unwilling to accept any of these opinions, but rather continue to compain about the imagined (yes, a problem that does not exist is imagined) "sticky strip problem" (TM 2007 Rodo), I would strongly urge you to sell the cameras as soon as possible and buy any other camera that would make you happy. Perhaps a Sony Alpha or Canon Digital Rebel XTI/D400.
Well Mr. S.Bullet;

Now let's not be too rash about giving up on Pentax. Look, he only got the camera a few days ago. Perhaps as I suggested to Rodo, we could express our potential consternation with Pentax and they might be able to nip it in the bud "before" it happens. You know, kind of like preventative medicine.

What do you think?

Rodo, do you think that might be a good idea? I would appreciate your input in this matter, as it was you who brought it up and you deserve the credit for doing so.

Ben

Last edited by benjikan; 03-27-2007 at 06:21 PM.
03-27-2007, 05:34 PM   #24

Yes, there is a sticky strip!!

I cannot help Rodo with his personal problems but he is right about there being a Sticky Strip in the K10D see Pentax K10D First Impressions Review - Pentax Digital Cameras
under the heading "Other Features'.

Apparently it is designed to trap dust shaken from the sensor which, in my opinion, is a good idea, otherwise the dust is just as likely to end up back on the sensor.

So, 'Long live the sticky strip'
03-27-2007, 05:47 PM   #25

The sticky strip is an integral part of all dust-removal systems. I think this RODO character is just a lonely geek with no idea how to actually communicate with people. Just ignore him/her.
03-27-2007, 05:56 PM   #26
Inactive Account

a simply question should follow a simple answer,....

the strip is not a problem, it's a feature,
as such it enhances the functionality of the camera, aka, less dust on sensor,
other cameras do it too.
under normal conditions and life cycle, the strip should hold on place and it is nothing to worry about. actually you should watch out for cameras without it.

now if you need a camera, that will work 100 years form now, fly a fighterjet,
take it repeatedly out in syberia, -70 , etc, there is probably a chance that the glue of the strip will loose it's ability to hold.

note:
next time just ask the question,
but do refrain , from, ... thinking of selling my camera because,
hold that thought and post , till you do.
cheers, Robert
03-27-2007, 06:19 PM   #27
Veteran Member

OK Rodo,
You've been roundly bashed by your posting. I won't continue, but to put your mind at ease...

The "sticky strip" to which you refer is an integral part of the dust reduction system. It is designed to hold the dust shaken off the AA filter by the DR system. Without it, the dust would just float around inside the camera and settle back on the AA filter (in front of the sensor).

This strip is designed to last the life of the camera. It is nothing to stress over least of all lose sleep over.

So Take a deep breath, open the box, charge up the battery, and start enjoying this marvelous camera.
03-27-2007, 06:22 PM   #28
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
We're done here...thread closed.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

Closed Thread