Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-27-2007, 11:04 AM   #1
rodo

I think ive come unstuck buying the K10D ?

I need advice please if any one can help , I am thinking of selling my brand new K10D because ive read it has a STICKY STRIP inside and that collects dust , I dont know if any one else has like me has cant sleep at night horror thoughts of in the future this sticky bit just might come away inside the body! or oh my god break up wreking the camera alltogether spewing its collected dust and sticky glue and bits inside the body also the sticky bit I expect looses its sticky so how about the collected dust, Is this glue strip bit replacable do you think can it be changed / removed by the user or what , I do wish it was not there to the effect I might get rid of my new as yet unused camera for piece of mind it could drive me stupid crazy just worrying about the sticky strip bit, I have both kit lenses so maybe a K 100 might be better as no sticky strip I think , any advice please .I am a new member first post,sorry I sure Am bad speller dyslexic bod please exuse that Rodo england.

03-27-2007, 11:29 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Is this REAL?

QuoteOriginally posted by rodo Quote
I need advice please if any one can help , I am thinking of selling my brand new K10D because ive read it has a STICKY STRIP inside and that collects dust , I dont know if any one else has like me has cant sleep at night horror thoughts of in the future this sticky bit just might come away inside the body! or oh my god break up wreking the camera alltogether spewing its collected dust and sticky glue and bits inside the body also the sticky bit I expect looses its sticky so how about the collected dust, Is this glue strip bit replacable do you think can it be changed / removed by the user or what , I do wish it was not there to the effect I might get rid of my new as yet unused camera for piece of mind it could drive me stupid crazy just worrying about the sticky strip bit, I have both kit lenses so maybe a K 100 might be better as no sticky strip I think , any advice please .I am a new member first post,sorry I sure Am bad speller dyslexic bod please exuse that Rodo england.
This is very, very good...Now either you are a Comedy Writer for "Comedy Central" or SOMEONE sent you here to visit...Or perhaps you are even more "Obsessive Compulsive" than I am. Or all of the above! So which is it?
03-27-2007, 02:22 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Rodo's Post on Steves Forums vs Pentax Forums Site

Well it seems that RODO now owns a Samsung GX10 the counterpart to the Pentax K10D that he is "Threatening to sell":

Here is his exact post taken from Steves Forums:

I have just bought a new Samsung GX 10 with the two lens 18-55 lens and 50- 200., Before I even open and start to use the camera I thought I would look here and there on what it has and what it can do . I know I should have researched a bit more but this was in the uk here a bargain at £500 with both lenses and a two year warranty I had no time to research just snapped it up rapido ! . Ok I do understand it is a Pentax 10 mp camera with a Samsung badge, even the lenses are Pentax I believe, I learn it is weather sealed has IS built in loads of functions most at this price dont ect and dust removal mode, THIS IS what I am really upset about it seems that the dust will be vibrated onto a STICKY ADHESIVE STRIP, Now I am a very tidy person and worries such as this adhesive strip bugs me enough to think shall I best sell the camera kit like now , I think I can get what I paid for it ok e bay ect and purchase anouther brand maybe without an awfull nasty sticky bit inside , The thing is this strip wont stay sticky for ever how can it be replaced? or it might break up leaving an awfull gunge in camera or even ruin the inside with glue and dust its such a bad idea this adhesive bit, I thinki a sticky strip cant be a good solution it cant be made to last for long and Iwant to keep the camera a long time, no I do need advise on the strip, or its possible renewal (but what good is that sending it away for a new strip if possible more expense and hassle ?) or is there any advice on a similar priced camera and lens kit without this bad sticky strip idea that I am not comfortable with (at all) on a £500 camera .bad bad bad me thinks thanks for any advice Rodo uk.
Last edited on Tue Mar 27th, 2007 06:16 pm by rodo

Now here is his PentaxForums Posting:

I think ive come unstuck buying the K10D ?

Well...I rest my case.
03-27-2007, 02:40 PM   #4
Veteran Member

OK...Now Rodo...Just Relax..I have a question for you...

Thanks for a response but NO ANSWER, I am not a comedian at all and my concern is real, I have lots of point and shoots over 3 years still have them all and now bought a DSLR not cheap with both kit lenses btw, So I found out about this sticky strip and need some advice on it (no google search helps ) I urge you and other pentaxodians to consider my worries they might become yours if you think about this not so high tec piece of dust collection solution if you will and I would love to keep the camera if this strip of glue is safe , can be changed /renewed or whatever, I do worry mostly it might peel off become dry and damage the camera yes it could happen could it not , Ok I might be wrong but If anyone knows or can find out my issues over this Pentax sticky strip and its future condition and maintanance to be or not to be done I would be much relieved or not rgrds Rodo uk.
Now Rodo...Which camera are you considering selling? The Samsung GX10 or the Pentax K10D? Do you think you could tell me what the serial numbers are so I can contact Pentax and ask them if there might be a concern with those specific camera's built inder the serial number you provide. Sometimes there are quality control issues that have occurred in the manufacturing process. Perhaps we can be reassured by Pentax that the model number of your camera has been checked out without a problem. Could you do that for me? Would you also send me the serial number of the Samsung GX10 as it's design is licensed from Pentax, as they hold shared patents and shared technology, they both have a similar sensor cleaner. That way we can kill two birds with one stone. OK? Send me the serial numbers via my private mail and I will look into it for you.

Last edited by benjikan; 03-27-2007 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Orthography corrections
03-27-2007, 02:49 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Ok..Good

Yes I asked on steves as well , I/we have TWO cameras an e bay I bought a Pentax K10 still unopened and I won a samsung GX10 arrived today one will be my brothers as he did not like his latest Nikon , So both have the sticky strip and as we have two cameras I am worried , I also have my bros Nikon D40 to buy from him or ebay for him but I think I will sell it for him as it is too small for my wife a keen shooter who thought she might like it .
That's great news..Congratulations on your win. Now if you send me the serial numbers, I can make sure that these cameras' passed the Quality Control tests.
03-27-2007, 03:04 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Thank you Rodo

DONT HAVE TO BE PRIVATE AT ALL THE SAMSUNG NO IS 47115228 PENTAX NO I CANT GIVE TONIGHT AS MY BROTHER MARK HAS IT AND THE KIT LENS TO SEE IF HE WOULD LIKE IT TO REPLACE HIS NIKON D40 HE WANTS MY WIFE TO BUY OR ME TO SELL ON E BAY, I POSTED THE REASON HE WISHES TO SELL THAT IF YOU FOLLOW THE THREAD BTW IVE TOLD HIM THESE CAMERAS ARE THE BEST ONES AND YET I FOUND OUT ABOUT THE STRIP OF GLUE THEY BOTH HAVE, AND IM WORRIED IF WE KEEP THEM WE ARE GONNA HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THE GLUE STRIP IN THE FUTURE, ITS NOT A PROBLEM WITH MY/ OUR CAMERAS HERE I AM CONCERNED WITH IE TO ASK THE MAKERS NO ITS THE FACT THIS STICKY STRIP IS ON THEM ALL AND IS IT SAFE , CAN IT BE RENEWED REPAIRED REPLACED TAKEN OUT IN FUTURE THATS MY WORRY AND MY QUESTION, OR IS IT SAFER TO SELL AND BUY SAY A KD 100 WITHOUT THE BL---Y STICKY STRIP THANK YOU , RODO UK.
Hello Rodo;

Thanks for your prompt response. I will forward this number to those responsible and have them look in to the matter. I am sure that your concerns regarding the "Sticky Strip" are unfounded and you will be able to enjoy your cameras' without worry.

Oh, just one question please. You mentioned in your post that you purchased the Samsung GX10. Well please correct me if I am wrong, but didn't you just say a moment ago that you "Won" the Samsung?

This is your quote:

Originally Posted by rodo

"Yes I asked on steves as well , I/we have TWO cameras an e bay I bought a Pentax K10 still unopened and I won a samsung GX10 arrived today..."

and here is your quote from Steves Digicam Forum:

"I have just bought a new Samsung GX 10 with the two lens 18-55 lens and 50- 200., Before I even open and start to use the camera I thought I would look here and there on what it has and what it can do..."

Oh well, it must have been an oversight on your behalf. None the less,

Kindest Regards
Benjamin Kanarek

Last edited by benjikan; 03-27-2007 at 03:24 PM.
03-27-2007, 03:08 PM   #7
Inactive Account

I can't believe any one would post something as pathetic as this. You don't need an answer you need a doctor. (And I'm not trying to be funny here) You sold one camera and bought the exact same camera thinking the problem would be solved?
1st You purchased two of the finest cameras on the market today. Equipment that I'm sure has been check and rechecked many times before any cameras were produced. 2nd You're loosing sleep over the worries you stated. (How can you think anyone would take you seriously?) 3rd there is a warranty on the camera and I know Pentax will service and replace any damaged parts should this sticky come unglued. My best tip to you is DON'T BUY ANYTHING NEW, not even shoes, good grief a shoelace could break causing you to trip and you could fall down a flight of steps causing you to fall on a sticky and there you would be stuck for life.

03-27-2007, 03:30 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Yes..

[QUOTE=rodo;41052]
QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Hello Rodo;

Thanks for your prompt response. I will forward this number to those responsible and have them look in to the matter. I am sure that your concerns regarding the "Sticky Strip" are unfounded and you will be able to enjoy your cameras' without worry.

Kindest Regards
Benjamin Kanarek BENJAMIN thanks but its not the two cameras we have here in particular that MIGHT have a problem its the cameras model itself K10d and clone Gx10 they ALL have this sticky part idea so maybe a camera repair guy pentax factory guy or a owner of these models that has the same concern as me or even a problem allready with the sticky strip that might know , I am really surprised that all the camera forums ive read have not brought this up i have not seen any other posts on this also are there other brands / models cannon or olympus maybe who have the same sticky dust catcher maybe they know about this issue / . BTW did I see you as the guy who makes photos of woman on other forums and got told off for making them look like whores / slaps ! and who is famous for getting banned twice I think on other forums ? If I am wrong please do forgive me for getting it wrong, rgrds Rodo uk.
Yes Rodo..I was banned from DP Reviews..No Rodo not from Two but from One Forum. That is a well known Fact. Oh.. and yes I am the photographer who makes women look like "Whores". That is what I am famous for. Thanks for acknowledging my talent, it is greatly appreciated.

Kindest Regards
Benjamin Kanarek
"The Whore Maker"
03-27-2007, 03:37 PM   #9
roy
Inactive Account

he got banned for not keeping his ''sticky'' in his pants.
nothing to do with photography.
03-27-2007, 03:47 PM   #10
Inactive Account

Ok I can see where this is going. and I can truly say that any posts from RODO will be passed up because now I know that his posts are not about issues with cameras.
I'll call this as I see it RODO there is no place on this forum for trolls find another place to play.
03-27-2007, 03:57 PM   #11
Veteran Member

NO..NO..Please WE WANT "RODO"

QuoteOriginally posted by Photo Tramp Quote
Ok I can see where this is going. and I can truly say that any posts from RODO will be passed up because now I know that his posts are not about issues with cameras.
I'll call this as I see it RODO there is no place on this forum for trolls find another place to play.

NO...We will have none of that here..."Rodo" stays...

We NEED "RODO"..It is so much cheaper than a bottle of Jack Daniels and a H--L of allot funnier..NO, I say "RODO" stays...He can play here with all of us, really.

I like "Rodo."

"Can I go out and play with 'Rodo'..Please?"

Thanks "Rodo" for your illuminating insight and profound prose.

Hail "RODO" Long Live King "RODO"

Ben
03-27-2007, 04:03 PM   #12

[QUOTE=rodo;41052]
I am really surprised that all the camera forums ive read have not brought this up i have not seen any other posts on this also are there other brands / models cannon or olympus maybe who have the same sticky dust catcher maybe they know about this issue
On the off-chance that you are serious, and not a lunatic as your posts suggest, I urge you to consider that perhaps the reason no one but you is discussing this "issue" in the forums is that it's not an issue at all?

There is no "sticky strip" problem with these or any other cameras.

The only problem with your camera, or cameras, which I frankly do not believe you own at all, is behind the viewfinder.
03-27-2007, 04:05 PM   #13
Veteran Member

"Obsessive Compulsive"

i spose a real one might well be worried about his "sticky strip" coming unglued.. he he he

me.. i just find the entire thread mildy amusing..

trog
03-27-2007, 04:11 PM   #14
Inactive Account

NO...We will have none of that here..."Rodo" stays...

We NEED "RODO"..It is so much cheaper than a bottle of Jack Daniels and a H--L of allot funnier..NO, I say "RODO" stays...He can play here with all of us, really.

I like "Rodo."

"Can I go out and play with 'Rodo'..Please?"

Thanks "Rodo" for your illuminating insight and profound prose.

Hail "RODO" Long Live King "RODO"

Ben
Alright Ben but you keep him on your side of the sandbox. I might get, You know rude.
03-27-2007, 04:17 PM   #15
Veteran Member

"I think ive come unstuck buying the K10D ?"

i think the choice of thread title kinda gives it away..

trog
Closed Thread