Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-08-2009, 10:32 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Eh... Should have re-thought that title, But you nailed the real advatage.

I hang the strap over my shoulder all the time, especially when I'm carrying both bodies. It adds zero bulk and converts to a solid hand grip in less than a second.

You see the shot, your hand finds the grip, the camera comes off your shoulder, your left hand wraps the strap as you are raising it to your eye and TA-DA! It becomes an attached extension of your body while you are thinking about more important things like light, composition and exposure.

02-08-2009, 10:46 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Excellent photographic tutorial

Kudos to you for the nicely done photographic tutorial.

I didn't see mention of it but I would recommend industrial Velcro because it has a better adhesive and it's holding power lasts a lot longer.

This may seem like a silly question but which camera is this? It looks very similar to my K20D but there are some differences. If it is a K20D, I wasn't aware that Pentax changed the design.

Last edited by pentaxmz; 02-08-2009 at 10:53 PM.
02-09-2009, 09:28 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxmz Quote
I didn't see mention of it but I would recommend industrial Velcro because it has a better adhesive and it's holding power lasts a lot longer.

This may seem like a silly question but which camera is this?
It's a K100D. Good point on the industrial velcro but I would consider velcro with no adhesive on the loop (soft) tabs on the strap. Industrial strength glued velcro was all I had but it made a real mess on my needle when I later stitched it on. Zipping the strap tabs on with a sewing machine and no glue would make a lot more sense.