Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-06-2009, 07:47 AM   #1
Forum Member

how do they do it?

I've seen some really awesome shots these past few days, and I was wondering how they did them. I've always loved the idea of capturing moving lights, and the trails they leave behind.

So, these guys had lights on the ends of strings and were dancing. The focus on them, their arms, even their hands is spot on sharp, and yet the lights on the strings have 7 foot light trails--so the expose can't have been too quick. How does one manage to capture moving light on a moving subject, but have the subject remain in such tight focus?

Thanks

02-06-2009, 07:51 AM   #2
Veteran Member

post a pic
02-06-2009, 07:52 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sounds like second-curtain (also called rear-curtain or trailing curtain) sync flash. You have a long exposure which captures ambient light with motion blur, and at the end of it, the flash fires, resulting in a final sharp, frozen instant.