Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-12-2009, 11:01 AM   #16
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wild_thing Quote
thankyou,thankyou,thankyou

The card I'm using is SanDisk Exteme III so it should not exactly be a slow card..
When I say different conditions, I mean daylight, sunset, night, whatever

This is a daylight example, one of them with exif info for the first one
5o mm, 1/50 sec, F5,6, ISO 100 , date 19.07.2008, time 19:48; and the black one has 75 mm, 1/50 sec, F5,6, ISO 100, date 19.07.2008, time 19:53
Interestingly here is the black horse shot adjusted (just levels) in photoshop:

Attached Images

02-12-2009, 11:11 AM   #17

I occasionally have this with my K10D - it's pretty rare though. It's happened to me with Sandisk Extreme III, Ultra II and a Kingston card (can't remember which one!) so I don't believe it's card related (unless I'm unlucky!). When I get it the 'blinkies' only seem to highlight the part of the image that would have been over / under exposed.

Turning the camera off / on always resolves it though. I reboot my PC and freeview digibox more often than that though so I don't find it a problem.
02-13-2009, 11:20 AM   #18

Original Poster
@quicksand thanks; I guess I'm loosing it a bit

and thanks to the rest of the 'gang' . I feel much better now when I know I'm not the only one, since the supplier claims that there's nothing wrong with the camera.

Do you think I should get a new camera since it's still under warranty?
02-13-2009, 01:06 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wild_thing Quote
@quicksand thanks; I guess I'm loosing it a bit

and thanks to the rest of the 'gang' . I feel much better now when I know I'm not the only one, since the supplier claims that there's nothing wrong with the camera.

Do you think I should get a new camera since it's still under warranty?

I would go that route for sure. If you don't - you know what will happen....

The camera will have that problem on occasion - until it JUST gets out of warranty, at which point it will die completely.

Once I got mine replaced, the "new" one has worked like a charm for almost two months now - and I feel better knowing there isn't a problem just "lurking in the weeds".

Good luck,

Tim

02-14-2009, 04:11 AM   #20

Original Poster
Thanks Tim, I will need luck, for sure
02-20-2009, 03:25 PM   #21

Photos: Gallery
I get this occuring occasionally too

I have had this occur, but only when I'm using the flash, and shooting frames close together. It never occurs in other scenarios (touch wood here) and it does not persist.

As it only comes on when I'm really draining the juice, could it be a battery issue?

Best Wishes,

Nick.
02-21-2009, 10:22 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by DrNick Quote
I have had this occur, but only when I'm using the flash, and shooting frames close together.
Do you have the custom option set to allow shutter release during flash recharge? If so, that's the problem - you're trying to tak a picture before the flash is ready,and the camera isn't stopping you. Turn off that option and the camera will force you to wait until the flash is ready.

02-21-2009, 10:27 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
Do you have the custom option set to allow shutter release during flash recharge? If so, that's the problem - you're trying to tak a picture before the flash is ready,and the camera isn't stopping you. Turn off that option and the camera will force you to wait until the flash is ready.
You're only right for the internal flash. With an external flash it unfortunately doesn't work.