Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-07-2009, 09:28 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
K200D Shutter Problems?

I've had my K200D since last summer and never had a hiccup until recently when the shutter was double slapping. (Single shot mode, shutter goes off twice on the click and only one jpg recorded) I think my shutter count is around 10K.

There were other times where the shutter tripped on the half press. Has this happened to anyone before? I was thinking it was the cold temperatures outside but its happened indoors a few times before.

It seems to happen more often with my K-mount/M42 lenses.

Any ideas? Should I send it in for a checkup?

02-07-2009, 11:44 PM   #2

Hi, digital circuits misbehave when the power supply is not stable. Only thing I can suggest is to check and clean the battery/compartment terminals with cotton swab+alcohol. If you are using rechargeables, try fresh set of AA just to make sure that the problem is not the battery.

K200d operated without the lens inserted indicating that there is no electromechanical sensor to detect the insertion of the lens. Good luck.
02-08-2009, 10:28 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hey Nico,

thanks for the reply. hmm. comforting to know it ain't mechanical problems...yet.

You are probably right, my batteries, thought all LSDs...probably showing their age. :ugh: I guess I'm wearing my batteries rather thin haha.
02-08-2009, 11:59 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I have a K200D too, but have never seen such a problem except once: the first time I used a "new" M100/2.8 I had just bought. My first couple of snaps had a similar repeating-shutter thing going on - lots of sounds, only one picture. After I calmed down, I removed the lens, attached it again, and the problem never returned.

So I'm going with the assumption that the lens wasn't quite attached correctly and the stop-down mechanism didn't work properly.

03-29-2009, 08:55 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Ok guys, I was also having this problem with my K200D, with M42 lenses. I noticed that it also occasionally happened with regular K-mount lenses or my K-mount extension tubes. I took a wild guess that it had something to do with the electrical contacts that are on the K-A(f) mount...if I put a piece of paper in between my screw mount lens and the mount where the contacts are, then I do not get this problem anymore. It probably has something to do with some of the contacts being shorted together (but maybe not all of them, b/c my K-mounts don't seem to cause this as much, and I assume they are shorting all of them out) and confusing the camera somehow. I'm really not sure how it would cause an extra mirror/shutter slap but it's a bit frustrating and I'm not sure what a really good solution to the problem is.
03-29-2009, 09:26 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I pray to be spared of such issues....
02-27-2010, 09:03 AM   #7
Veteran Member

This is happening to me also but only seems to happen in cold weather if I've had the camera out for a while shooting in the cold...if I switch out the batteries to warm ones I keep in my inside pocket, it seems to work better and the problem goes away.