Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2009, 07:57 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Hi

I currently own the Nikon D40 and I'm ready to advance just a bit. I have not purchased other lenses because I wasn't sure I want to stay with nikon. I've seriously thought about the k20d. Can someone tell me how the prices are for the lenses and if they are all compatible with ea pentax?

Thanks
Kit

02-09-2009, 08:23 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Lenses range from cheap ($10) to expensive ($5000)... all depends on how old/good/whatever you want your lens....

All Pentax lenses are compatible with Pentax cameras, all thanks to the Pentax K mount. Additionally, all screwmount (m42) lenses are compatible as well with the use of an adapter (Pentax Mount Adapter B) but the lenses are only usable in manual mode...
02-09-2009, 08:28 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thank you

Thank you. I appreciate the feedback. There's too many choices...lol

Kit
02-09-2009, 08:49 PM   #4
Pentaxian

I might be easier if you can identify what you want to shoot, under what conditions, etc. It'll be a lot easier to point you in the right direction.

02-10-2009, 08:16 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Oldschool Quote
I might be easier if you can identify what you want to shoot, under what conditions, etc. It'll be a lot easier to point you in the right direction.
You'll find that Pentax lenses compared to Nikon lenses offer better quality for lower prices.
Older Pentax cameras cannot always handle newer * lenses (= SDM, =internal auto focus motor).
Newer cameras can always handle older lenses.

Cheers, Bert
02-10-2009, 08:44 AM   #6

Not to be a stick in the mud, but what do you not like about the D40 that would make you want a new body and new system, and not just a new lens for a specific need? What's your driving force for upgrading, what do you want to be able to do you haven't been able to do now?

The D40 is a solid camera, so to give the best advice, it'd help to know what you want to accomplish.