Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-10-2009, 08:19 PM   #1

customize e-dials on K20D

I am currently using the K10D, and will have my K20D later in the week, i want to know can i customized the 2 dials for Manual mode, because in K10D, i can't customize the dial at all for Manual mode. i can customize the dials for AV Tv, etc. but Not Manual Mode for K10D. I really want to able to set the ISO in the dial instead go through the Fn key. Thanx

02-10-2009, 08:46 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You're in luck, there's no need to customize anything to do this on the K20D... Hold down OK and roll the front e-dial to adjust ISO - Hold down OK and press the green button to set auto-ISO. I think I read that this is available on the K10D with the latest firmware, but that could be wrong.
02-10-2009, 09:43 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by heliphoto Quote
You're in luck, there's no need to customize anything to do this on the K20D... Hold down OK and roll the front e-dial to adjust ISO - Hold down OK and press the green button to set auto-ISO. I think I read that this is available on the K10D with the latest firmware, but that could be wrong.
thanx. I just tried, works with K10D too, didn't really know this trick. this will save me alot of time. I hope the next pentax will make it easier to change the ISO.
02-10-2009, 10:11 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by winglik Quote
thanx. I just tried, works with K10D too, didn't really know this trick. this will save me alot of time. I hope the next pentax will make it easier to change the ISO.
Cool - it's a somewhat hidden feature but eminently useful. I don't think they need to make it any easier than this - I mean I can do it one handed while still in the shooting position, it doesn't get much better than that. Coming from the K200D to the 20, this was one of my most exciting discoveries.

02-10-2009, 10:28 PM   #5

Original Poster
I hope the next model of Pentax will have some customizable button feature, like that "Set Exposure Bracket" button, i barely used it because I use RAW, even i use it, i don't mind change it inside the menu screen because i don't think any one change that feature that much everytime they shot. if i can customize that button to be ISO that would be great.
02-11-2009, 08:07 AM   #6

I agree about the dedicated bracketing button. It seems an odd choice (mine would be white balance or flash exposure comp, in conjunction with an e-dial).
02-11-2009, 08:25 AM   #7
Veteran Member

I disagree about bracketing button. I use it time to time

The button I have never used is RAW

02-11-2009, 10:46 AM   #8

I actually have my user setting set up for manual, spot-meter, bracket. I figure if I'm bracketing, I want as precise control as I can have.

I thought the raw button seemed like a great idea, but I have yet to use it. I shoot in raw, and make jpegs in Lightroom when I want them.
02-11-2009, 08:56 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you find yourself laboring to set up a complicated HDR setup constantly, then assign it to the User button. Then all you have to do is turn the dial to User and you are there. Even better than an HDR button.

Jack