Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-11-2009, 08:44 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K2000 review

Sorry if this has been posted but the km/k2000 review has been posted at steve's. Just a FYI if you would like to read it

Steves Digicams - Pentax K2000 - Hands on Review

02-11-2009, 10:16 PM   #2
Forum Member

Seems in line with what most of the reviewers are saying, with the notable exception of DPR of course. I will have to sell some gear to get one but I hope to pick up a K2000 for my wife soon.
Mike
02-12-2009, 01:06 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Useless

QuoteOriginally posted by borno Quote
Sorry if this has been posted but the km/k2000 review has been posted at steve's. Just a FYI if you would like to read it

Useless "Review" (maybe "rubbish" would be a better word to describe). Just download an user manual from any Pentax official website and learn more!

The "Conclusion" part is the only part that contains the user's opinions but then it is based on nothing scientific and systematic! So how come it is called the "Conclusion"?!

You can download the sample photos to have a look by *yourself* though. But just forget about all those useless words that are meaningless, almost.
02-12-2009, 02:44 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery
An excellent review

Thanks for this

I believe Steve Digicam offers a balanced and thoughtful review: I once bought a Fuji F20 based on his recommendations, and partly the Canon S3. His conclusions matched the results I experienced using these cameras.

I found Steve's comments about the old manual lens useful because the average punter has no idea there is a camera out there that offers this unusual (and eco- friendly option). Where else can you find a review that goes to the length that he did to test old lenses? I don't think you can name one. I dare you! I double dare you!

High five Steve. A verry nice!

02-12-2009, 10:48 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Stefan Carey Quote
Where else can you find a review that goes to the length that he did to test old lenses? I don't think you can name one. I dare you! I double dare you!
Dare partially accepted - they at least mention having done it.

Pentax K20D digital SLR ? Register Hardware

In fact, they've just reviewed the K-m as well...

Pentax K-m entry-level digital SLR ? Register Hardware
02-12-2009, 11:15 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Stefan Carey Quote
Thanks for this

I believe Steve Digicam offers a balanced and thoughtful review:!
You gotta be kidding me, I swear to god he copies and pastes the same text for every camera, he's LOATHE to call a spade a spade. The best reviewer is probabluy the onw over at dcresource.
02-12-2009, 11:54 AM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by Alfisti Quote
You gotta be kidding me, I swear to god he copies and pastes the same text for every camera, he's LOATHE to call a spade a spade. The best reviewer is probabluy the onw over at dcresource.
+1

Jeff over at dcresource.com is one of the most in-depth reviewers I have seen. Very thorough and gives you all the info you need to decide.

02-12-2009, 01:51 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I would agree that dcresource has nice reviews, if you can post a link to the k2000 review of thiers, it would be helpful.
02-12-2009, 02:09 PM   #9

I would agree that dcresource has nice reviews, if you can post a link to the k2000 review of thiers, it would be helpful.
Because he is indepentant, and his reviews are very thorough, he cannot review all of the newest cameras right away.

Here is his review for the K20D for an example.

He doesn't look like he will be reviewing the K2000 any time soon though
02-12-2009, 03:14 PM   #10

You could be right!

H'mm, thanks for the thought, You may be right, perhaps I was getting a litte carried away perhaps. Who knows?

What we need is a site or a web page that reviews the camera review sites for:

- bias to or against Pentax
- originality
- technical depth
- 'broadness' of the testing methodology (e.g. which softweare do they use to convert from raw, do they rely on seasonal light

Yes I know, I am an idelaist, Even my wife says so.