Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-23-2009, 03:17 PM   #16
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by ve2vfd Quote

Hey Pentax!!!! Ever heard of quality control!?

Pat
WE are Quality Control Pat.

02-23-2009, 03:20 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well, I just received a brand new K20d from Henrys (great sevice!)

As luck would have it it front focuses like there is no tomorrow... the broken one I sent back focussed DEAD ON... this one isn't....

I hope I can ajust it!

Hey Pentax!!!! Ever heard of quality control!?

Pat
You CAN adjust, and don't knock on Pentax for their Quality Control. Canon have plenty of problems on their own.
02-23-2009, 03:27 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
CRAP!!!!!!!

Tha damm camera is completely useless... even at maximum ajustment it can't be brought into sharp focus

This is my secont lemon in a row...

Pat
02-23-2009, 03:27 PM   #19
BPT
Veteran Member

If the micro adjustments are not enough send it in to get fixed. Pentax took good care of me when I sent mine in.

02-23-2009, 03:29 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
BPT ... The camera is brand new, out of the box... it was a replacement for a lemon. This is the second lemon in a row I get...

Pat
02-23-2009, 03:38 PM   #21
BPT
Veteran Member

Mine was brand new and it had the lockup problem, rather then exchange it I sent it to pentax and they fixed it and sent it right back all fixed.

You getting 2 bad copies is really bad luck, I would be quite annoyed myself. But if you get anything like the service I received I think it might make up for it. Rather then returning this one I would let pentax deal with it themselves
02-23-2009, 04:09 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Man I am so pissed off... I'm going to put that POS camera thru a wall!

Even at max ajustment I can't get it to focus properly.... GRRRRRRRRR! Even at a deep DOF I can't get a sharp picture....

Now I have to decide if I send it to Pentax service, or return it to Henrys for a refund and completely forget about the K20d... this adventure has already cost me $25 in postage to return the first camera... grrrrr!

Pat

02-23-2009, 04:15 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Pat,

I had to send my K10D to Pentax for focus adjustment when it was brand new, and it came back in less than two weeks, and was working better than any other K10D I could see in my surrounding. I never had any problem with it, not withstanding the time I dropped it and cracked the top plate and broke the AE-L switch. Sent it back to Pentax for repair, expecting a "nice" bill for the repair, but they did put the repair under warranty work. Very good service from Pentax Canada. So, if I was in your shoes, I think I would send it to Pentax to have everything put as it should have been when it was manufactured. Thankfully, I've never had any problem with my K20D. By the way, I hope you did not check focus under tungsten lighting...
02-23-2009, 05:04 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pat, I didn't read that you checked this although I'm sure it was the first thing you did. But have you adjusted the diopter to match your eyes? Adjuster is above the viewfinder.

Jack
02-23-2009, 05:28 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
BPT ... The camera is brand new, out of the box... it was a replacement for a lemon. This is the second lemon in a row I get...

Pat
I always wonder what retail stores do when I return a "supposedly" lemon to them; do they just do a quick check to make sure it is still clean and if it looks okay they will pass onto another "new" customer? hmmm... hope that it is not the case.
02-23-2009, 05:29 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Calice!

You'd expect that when you drop a thousand bucks on a camera they'd send you one that works properly...

Yves ... Been running tests (various charts, "battery test", newspaper test) under tungsten, Halogen, Compact Fluo Bulb and "dayligt" fluo tubes and I am getting inconsistent results... all of them front focussing at various degrees... I just can't get a sharp picture.

It pisses me off because the other K20d I had focussed sharper than a scalpel consistantly under *ANY* light.

Jack ... Thanks, it's the first thing I checked when I took it out of the box

Pat
02-23-2009, 05:49 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well, testing with flash now and I still can't get a sharp picture... this POS camera is going back...

Yves and BPT ... Where did you send your cameras to get fixed? Pentax in Missisauga?

I am unsure if I want to get it fixed as that would take me outside the return period for Henrys...

Pat
02-23-2009, 05:55 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Dude it's a sign send back get refund and wait for new k? Model comming out between now and forever. I feel your pain
02-23-2009, 06:06 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Doh, nothing of merit to add.

Sorry about your problems and hope you get it sorted out.
02-23-2009, 07:15 PM   #30
BPT
Veteran Member

Yves and BPT ... Where did you send your cameras to get fixed? Pentax in Missisauga?
I actually ended up sending mine to Denver Colorado since I purchased my camera through the US. Pentax Canada told me to go through Pentax US, if Pentax US were not going to help me they would