Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-21-2015, 02:56 PM   #16

Same problem

Hi,
I have exactly the same problem with my K7, a line appears in what looks like an identical place on the sample photos of this post.

I appreciate that this is an old thread but wondered if vivi123 or anyone else knows what the problem is and whether it is likely to be an expensive to repair?

I will need to travel a reasonable distance to take it to a camera shop or look into posting it somewhere for a fix so was wondering if I should just consider getting a new body instead.

Thanks
Liz

07-31-2015, 12:10 PM   #17

I suddenly have the same problem

I own a K20D since exactly 6 years and have taken about 40,000 pictures with it. When looking at the last ones taken (about 200) I noticed this vertical black line on the pictures, seems 1 pixel wide. On every picture, everyone on the same place. Checking the dust it shows on the dust-picture as well (see attachment). Is this a common problem? I have not found very many posts about it in this way.

Is it worth to repair or do I need a new body?

Thanks for any advice
fw-ahr
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
08-01-2015, 02:41 AM   #18

Replaced K-7 with K-3ii

Hi,
Yes, like you I couldn't find much on the internet about this problem, hence me posting to the old thread.

I had a quote for repair of my K-7 to replace the CCD which was around £350 and I was unsure what to do. I don't use my camera as much as you, so it seemed a big expense to either repair or replace.

After advices and consideration I bought a new K-3ii body and am really pleased that I did this. The improvements in terms of quality and especially at low light level plus better shake reduction are really good and well worth upgrading.

See this post for discussion on replacement bodies:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/6-pentax-dslr-discussion/300160-replaceme...ml#post3328541

Hope this helps.
Liz