Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-15-2009, 07:42 PM   #16
Inactive Account

the fact is no DSLR will give you all the colors that maybe your standard alone. Live w/ it or otherwise do some adjustment to your desired taste. I have a K100 for over 2yrs now and I have nothing but praise when I print the shots. My C* and N* shooting friends commented so many times that they are amazed at the quality. Now I upgraded to the K20 and I would say I get more consistency and detail that my K100 is hard to duplicate.

cheers,

rene

02-18-2009, 12:10 PM   #17

Original Poster
I have decided to return the Fuji and keep my k100d. The difference was clearly night and day between the control and feel of the two cameras, but the business end (the picture output) was far too similar to justify the switch. Tests were performed using a nikkor 50mm 1.8, sigma 10-20mm and tamron 24-120mm. Though the images were excellent, they were not that much better than the k100d.

I am no expert in testing lenses/cameras, but I could hardly notice the dynamic range increase the s5 supposedly presents. I shot raw, jpeg, photo mode and the difference was quite negligible.

I will continue looking for a new body as I will require weatherproofing before a trip I am taking in May, but in the meantime will enjoy the little Pentax.
02-18-2009, 11:08 PM   #18
Site Supporter

You should still consider Hasselblad. The "business end" involves flying a private jet to a warm beach with beautiful models in little swimsuits.

They also took Hasselblad to the moon.
02-19-2009, 02:56 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by nufenstein Quote
I will continue looking for a new body as I will require weatherproofing before a trip I am taking in May, but in the meantime will enjoy the little Pentax.
Well, if you need weatherproofing, then I guess you'll be upgrading to the K200D or K20D as they are the cheapest weathersealed cameras out there.

Though you sound like you want the D3/D3x.