Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-17-2009, 04:36 PM   #46
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenyee Quote
... Find someone nearby w/ a K10D or K20D and you can isolate this down to your flashes vs. remotes vs. camera...
Oh, I have a second body and can confirm that the remotes definitely add to the problem, especially with studio lights, but my K10D will occasionally catch a shutter edge with nothing but the on-board flash so the camera is partially to blame. I only use the pop-up on the rare occasion that I need rear curtain synch and it's usually at full power so I'm right on the closing edge of the shutter when the flash fires at its longest duration. Every once in a while their just seems to be a slight delay in the flash and the curtain is already on its way before the flash shuts down.

If I had 1/250 as an option I might feel the need to do something about a 1/125 limitation but honestly, it's not worth the risk or time away from my camera to send it in and have it looked at. When I'm shooting studio strobes I've had to back it off to 1/90. That's a trigger issue for sure but I'm not shooting in daylight with the big guns (yet) so it's not a problem I can't live with for now. 1/250 synch is definitely a priority on my next model wish list though.