Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-17-2009, 01:26 PM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
On the other hand, I suspect he'd have immediately backed down if someone challenged him on this, and he'd have rephrased his claim to be something more defensible.
A subtle way of taking a jab at me?

But you can't presume what he would do if challenged. It didn't seem 'tongue in cheek' to me.

Anyhow, I still stand by what I wrote (with subsequent clarifications) but like I also said, it doesn't really matter that much. Some will agree, some will not. 'Facts' can be found to support both sides. However, if we had this debate 25 years ago... it would have been much less contentious. Back then, Pentax was king (or at least one of...).

If you folks truly believe Pentax (or Hoya) will 'weather the storm', buy stocks in Hoya now. The stock is at an all time low (I believe it nearly at its lowest ever) and shows signs of increasing in value. The current price is around a 'bargain' $17 per share.

02-18-2009, 01:20 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxmz Quote
A subtle way of taking a jab at me?
Not my intent.