Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-16-2009, 09:24 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Imaging Resource K20D Review

Better late than never! A fair review for the most part imo.

Pentax K20D Digital Camera - Full Review - The Imaging Resource!

02-16-2009, 10:01 PM   #2
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Both the K10D and K20D get very good wraps from these people. That's cool.
02-16-2009, 10:05 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well gee, I've found the samples from IR quite useful but I'd pretty much given up on an actual review of the K20D...
02-17-2009, 06:00 AM   #4

Original Poster
Yep same boat here

QuoteOriginally posted by er1kksen Quote
Well gee, I've found the samples from IR quite useful but I'd pretty much given up on an actual review of the K20D...
I figured they'd pass, but most likely it was due to timing of product coming in etc.. for them.

Surprised to find it and I've always liked Etchells and Barnett. I'll probably run into them again this year at PMA.

Carl

02-17-2009, 07:16 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Kind of weird to see product reviews coming out almost a year after release though, isn't it?

Good review though and readable by the layman.

Last edited by legacyb4; 02-17-2009 at 07:22 AM.
02-17-2009, 07:29 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I posted this in the duplicate news and rumors thread but it looks like I got on the wrong bus so I'll re-post it here:

Wow, I had given up on ever seeing a full review of the K20D from I.R... It's disappointing that it's the only Dave's Pick DSLR in the enthusiast category that didn't also make the pro cut in his estimation, but hey, at least Pentax finally got a nod.

I kind of feel like it says a lot about Dave's general opinion of Pentax that I.R. got all of the newly released models from other manufacturers out of the way before they got back to the full K20D review. Of course, it could have been out of courtesy to give Pentax time to correct the issues he uncovered before he published his final opinion, or it might have just been that he didn't get a fixed review model from them in a timely fashion.

I had an e-mail exchange with Dave just before the full K10D review was finally published and he was pretty frustrated with Pentax at that point. Not only did he have to go back and re-shoot all of his test images, he claimed he had to wait for a very long time for a corrected body to even review.

At any rate, I thought it was a fair critique with a lot of positive highlights. Thanks for the update Dave.

Side note and shameless plug - I was pretty pumped to win the Imaging Resources image of the day last year for this manipulation of one of my K100D shots: http://www.dailydigitalphoto.com/cgi-bin/potd/potd.pl?day=8&month=3&year=2008

Last edited by GoldenWreckedAngle; 02-17-2009 at 07:31 AM. Reason: fixed link