Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-17-2009, 10:40 AM   #1
Inactive Account

LCD on K20D

Hi,

This may be a question asked a hundred times. If it is just send me an e-mail with the answer and don't tie up the forum. I have had a K10D for over a year, and just added a K20D. The LCDs on both cameras have always shown the remaining shots on the SD card. I did something to the K20D so that now it shows the ISO being used and I have to look in the viewfinder to see the exposures left. Is there a way to restore the LCD to where it was?

Thanks, Jim Weekes

02-17-2009, 11:19 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
This is a common question so am replying here. Watch the frames remaining number in either the viewfinder or the top LCD and then press the OK button on the back of the camera. It should change to the currently set ISO. The OK button is a toggle for this in many modes.

Jack
02-18-2009, 09:26 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Jack,

Thank you. It didn't seem to work. I cannot get the remaining exposures to display in the LCD. When I hit OK a line appears below the ISO. I am in RAW mode, usually in P or AV.

Jim
02-18-2009, 09:42 AM   #4
AGW
Inactive Account

Well that worked on my K200d.

And thank you for the tip. I must have completely missed that in the book.

Al

02-18-2009, 09:56 AM   #5
Forum Member

In the custom menu, go to "dispay sensitivity". It should be "ON". Just turn it off. Your LCD should display the frames left again. If you want to see the ISO speed when you are in this mode, you just have to press the OK button. You can also change your ISO while holding the OK button by turning your fron e-dail. Hope this helps.

Presto
02-18-2009, 10:28 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Bingo! I had "display sensitivity" ste to on for some odd reason. All is well. Thank you all.

Jim
02-18-2009, 11:24 AM   #7
Site Supporter

Ah, yes. Forgot about the Display Sensitivity custom setting. Glad you go tit sorted.
02-18-2009, 11:29 AM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by jymbo46 Quote
Hi,

This may be a question asked a hundred times. If it is just send me an e-mail with the answer and don't tie up the forum. I have had a K10D for over a year, and just added a K20D. The LCDs on both cameras have always shown the remaining shots on the SD card. I did something to the K20D so that now it shows the ISO being used and I have to look in the viewfinder to see the exposures left. Is there a way to restore the LCD to where it was?

Thanks, Jim Weekes
You changed your e-dial mode configure for your shooting mode. Go to menu-> custom setting-> e-dial in XX mode, depend on what mode you are on, just change the e-dial config, 1 is default. This should show back picture reaming. Even if ISO is shown, you can still press OK to show remaining pic

02-18-2009, 06:00 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jymbo46 Quote
Bingo! I had "display sensitivity" ste to on for some odd reason.
Yes, but...
Having ISO displayed instead of remaining images is a very nice option. The question then would be: How can I see the count of remaining images then?

Pressing OK doesn't help here.
But after every image taken, the count of remaining images is displayed for a second on the top LCD before reverting back to ISO. Works for me.