View Poll Results: Right eye vs. Left eye
Right eye 14362.17%
Left eye 8737.83%
Voters: 230. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-22-2010, 12:39 PM   #46

Photos: Gallery
right eye

I always have uses the right one. I just tried, and I find it difficult the other way: dificult access to buttons, the right eye blocked by hand and camera (I keep the left open; good for tracking moving objects…).
Regards - Klaus

01-22-2010, 02:06 PM   #47
Veteran Member

My dad noticed I was left-eye dominant when I was learning to shoot a rifle. It only came natural to turn my head slightly so my left eye was looking through the scope.

I've got an astigmatism in my right eye, makes it much more difficult especially doing manual focus. I tried over and over but can't get used to shooting with my glasses on, so left eye it is...
01-23-2010, 06:02 PM   #48
Forum Member

Left eye. That way I can rest the back of the camera against my big nose - helps keep it steady. I wear glasses, but don't have any problem seeing everything in the viewfinder (even the tiny K-x viewfinder ).
01-25-2010, 10:33 AM   #49
Forum Member

More people use their right eye?!

I had no idea that anyone (other than people with a very weak left eye) used their right eye to look through the view finder. I'm quite surprised that it is not merely common, but actually more common than the left eye. (I have always used my left.)

01-25-2010, 03:58 PM   #50
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by khardur Quote
My dad noticed I was left-eye dominant when I was learning to shoot a rifle. It only came natural to turn my head slightly so my left eye was looking through the scope.

I've got an astigmatism in my right eye, makes it much more difficult especially doing manual focus. I tried over and over but can't get used to shooting with my glasses on, so left eye it is...
I am also left eye dominant, and a right handed shooter. I have just gotten used to using my right eye for shooting (unless it is pistols and cameras)
01-25-2010, 05:15 PM   #51
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would like to use both eyes, but the left one isn't working good.

Rui
01-25-2010, 05:16 PM   #52
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think I might have to try my left eye tonight. I have never shot that way... wonder if I can focus?

01-26-2010, 02:55 PM   #53
Inactive Account

I'm left-handed and have always used my left eye, but I just received my K-x today and I'm switching to the right eye because my nose gets in the way of manipulating the buttons. I find now that the left side of the camera will actually rest on my nose, which seems to help stabilize it.
01-26-2010, 05:44 PM   #54
Forum Member

Interesting that it didn't really occur to me to use my left eye. I may have to mix it up now.
01-27-2010, 11:47 PM   #55

Left eye dominate

Ambidextrous, but left handed. If I err on the horizontal it is with a left to right tilt.
01-28-2010, 06:50 AM   #56

Photos: Albums
Left... I can not use my right eye... I think it'd be easier if I had a right one... (bad, VERY bad joke! sorry fellas! couldn't resist)

I tried with my right eye but I just can't...

I also use my left ear when I'm on the phone... but my right hand to write and right foot to plat "futbol" (football - soccer)
01-28-2010, 08:58 AM   #57

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jak442 Quote
I'm kinda surprised too. I'm RH but left eye also. In archery and shooting sports I taught myself to aim with my right eye with both eyes open, it helps a lot with target "acquisition", but have found it difficult to focus a camera right eyed with both open and closing the left seems to leave it pretty much useless and numb feeling between shots. But, shooting left eyed with both open and my right eye obscured by the camera(which is too close to focus on) seems to work out great. Besides, it seems to be a more compact and stable position to boot. Portraits are another story.
Found the same conclusion, using the left eye while both eyes are open is more comfortable, and less headache
01-28-2010, 04:40 PM   #58
Inactive Account

Both, but I I always force myself to use the mind eye, like Buddhists, like India Indians mark as a red spot between their eyebrows. Ohmmmm.
01-28-2010, 11:22 PM   #59
Inactive Account

Never even thought of using my left eye. Partly because I'm right eye dominant (although less so as I get older), but mainly because I just don't think all that much...
01-29-2010, 11:32 AM   #60
Veteran Member

> Manwithcamera: Your avatar shows someone using their right eye! Better get that fixed :-)

I am left-eye dominant, but find myself using either eye. Interesting to see (via the wikipedia linkl posted here and also by the vote results) that left/right split is about 40/60 compared the a handedness split of about 10/90.

Bit of trivia.... every US President since 1981 other than G.W. Bush has been left handed.