Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-21-2009, 07:46 AM   #1

K20D Problem with setting date and time

Hey all,
a couple of months I am a proud owner of a K20D DSLR. However, since the camera has developed strange behaviour. After turning the camera on, the date and time is reset to 1/1/2008 and 0:00 and I have to set it. The problem is that when I turn the camera off and then back on, the date and time is reset and I have to set it again. It seems that the date and time values does not get saved.
Have you ever encountered such problem and/or do you have an advice for me how to solve it ?

Thank you very much in advance

Michal

02-21-2009, 09:32 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Definitely sounds like your camera is broken. I am not sure how this is supposed to work, but I would guess the camera has a real time unit with built in battery. Those batteries usually last 5-10 years so either it is broken, or it was never activated (something missing in assembly process).
Another way this might work is there is a large capacitor or recgargeable battery in the camera that is charged by the battery. If this is the case, yours is obviously broken.

You should contact the store you bought the camera or Pentax service