Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-31-2007, 04:00 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
K100D / K110D memory door interlock

Do you know the symptoms of trying to use your K100D/K110D with the door that covers the memory card open? I’d suggest you try it soon so you won’t panic some night thinking your camera went dead. I once set up my K100D on a tripod in the dark, when I powered on I saw next to nothing. My small red flashlight revealed the LCD on top would come on for a couple of seconds before the camera went dead. I thought either my new batteries or new camera were defective, not good considering I drove an hour to the site. I brought the camera inside my car under the dome light and found the door open and cartridge was home still in my computer. Fortunately I located a spare memory cartridge at a nearby K-Mart and was back in business.

Once you have seen the symptoms you will know where to look when some day your door isn’t closed properly.

03-31-2007, 06:35 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Two times for me!

Leo, thanks for providing this. I've had this happen twice to me. The second time, I had not learned my lesson from the first time and it still startled me. Luckily, I always have an extra card and fixed it quicker the next time.

QuoteOriginally posted by LeoTaylor Quote
Do you know the symptoms of trying to use your K100D/K110D with the door that covers the memory card open? I’d suggest you try it soon so you won’t panic some night thinking your camera went dead. I once set up my K100D on a tripod in the dark, when I powered on I saw next to nothing. My small red flashlight revealed the LCD on top would come on for a couple of seconds before the camera went dead. I thought either my new batteries or new camera were defective, not good considering I drove an hour to the site. I brought the camera inside my car under the dome light and found the door open and cartridge was home still in my computer. Fortunately I located a spare memory cartridge at a nearby K-Mart and was back in business.

Once you have seen the symptoms you will know where to look when some day your door isn’t closed properly.