Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-24-2006, 03:46 AM   #1
Inactive Account

K100D histogram rocks!

Looks like it's time for me to eat my hat. Talk about opening mouth and inserting foot!

In another thread I mentioned that I wasn't a big fan of simple histograms and thought that the Pentax histogram on the K100D was probably just taking it's info from the green channel since that is what most closely matched my histogram in the gimp. I was completely wrong.

Many of the shots when looked at in the gimp's histogram closely matched the green channel, but not all. Time to research. (should have done this first!)

I opened up my images in Photoshop Elements 5, and it was immediately apparent that ALL my shots match the camera's histogram when Elements was set to look at the luminance channel.

Embarrased, but at the same time I love my K100D even more, now that I trust the histogram.

My apologies to all - enjoy that awesome histogram! I will now for sure.

10-24-2006, 11:34 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
No need to eat your hat or anything - you figured it out, and I'm glad you did because I'd been wondering, too. I'll have to do some comparisons myself, now, on my DL.

Julie
10-26-2006, 12:51 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks foxglove. I am no longer scared of my K100D histogram!

I found some great info regarding the differences between luminosity histograms vs. rgb histograms with the tutorials at

cambridgeincolour.com
10-26-2006, 05:57 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for the link, I'll have to check it out!

Julie