Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-01-2007, 06:37 AM   #1

K10D Dust Removal System "useless"!!!

Check the comparative review of DSLR dust removal systems in the article at Review: Dust removal systems / sensor cleaning - Pixinfo.com. It says the Olympus is the only system that works and the Pentax and Sony systems are basically useless.

04-01-2007, 07:12 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by wheelgate Quote
Check the comparative review of DSLR dust removal systems in the article at Review: Dust removal systems / sensor cleaning - Pixinfo.com. It says the Olympus is the only system that works and the Pentax and Sony systems are basically useless.
My take : There all worthless. Even the Olympus. 25 shakes to remove 50% of the dust....... worthless as the rest of them. Sorry, thats just how I see this.
As stated "keep your blower handy". Does seem that the "teflon" or whatever coating is not very effective though.
No need to even go into the "scientific" aspects of the test.
On a personal note, short of a "windshield washer" built in I never expected much from any of them. This isn't Star Trek and some sonic shower....
BTW: Canon = 5% is not poor, it is as pathetic as the rest.

Last edited by jeffkrol; 04-01-2007 at 07:49 AM.
04-01-2007, 07:17 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Been there, done that; so what!?!?!?!?
04-01-2007, 07:27 AM   #4

I have read that one too.. But I have found that the Dust removal system works.

My question is.. are you stating this to bash Pentax or to offer sound information

04-01-2007, 07:52 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Wheelgate,

Welcome to the forums! If you read around here before posting, you would have seen that this information has already been posted some time ago.
04-01-2007, 10:31 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Alvin Quote
Wheelgate,

Welcome to the forums! If you read around here before posting, you would have seen that this information has already been posted some time ago.
And several times at that. Welcome to the forums, but remember to do a search, or a quick once over of the threads already posted.
04-02-2007, 12:52 AM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by Kitanis Quote
I have read that one too.. But I have found that the Dust removal system works.

My question is.. are you stating this to bash Pentax or to offer sound information
Compared to my *ist D, I cannot see any difference in amount of dust. On the contrary smaller dust particles seems to have bigger effect in picture because of higher pixel count. I have to clean the sensor manually just as regularly as when using D.

Sorry to tell this, but this is not any kind of bashing, just a practical experience.
04-04-2007, 12:44 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wheelgate Quote
Whah? Like youz wuz expectin' dis ting to wurk like day sez? Forgettaboutit!

But...hey...da makiting depatment tinks dat da publik fell for it hook line and sinka. Dats wut counts ain' it?

Geez...youz guyz believe everyting?

04-04-2007, 12:51 PM   #9

QuoteOriginally posted by scg Quote
Whah? Like youz wuz expectin' dis ting to wurk like day sez? Forgettaboutit!

But...hey...da makiting depatment tinks dat da publik fell for it hook line and sinka. Dats wut counts ain' it?

Geez...youz guyz believe everyting?
????? ADHD? :-)
04-04-2007, 01:03 PM   #10
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
All I know is that there is still no dust on my K10. Either the removal works or there is no dust where I live.
04-05-2007, 10:30 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Harald Quote
????? ADHD? :-)
No, just a good old fashioned New York accent
04-05-2007, 09:15 PM   #12
Veteran Member

All the shake systems didn't work well enough to be usefull...

Though the coatings on nthe Pentax seem to be better, ie it cleans off really well with theh blower, better than the others, which I thought was a positive and interesting result..
04-06-2007, 06:41 AM   #13
Veteran Member

I do remember that I listed the K10D's 'Dust removal' incorporation as one of the things that I was interested in, when building on my pre-purchase decision. But, to be absolutely honest, I didn't really put much store into that - and it was, actually, the LEAST of the features that captured me.

I'd had dust particles that remained steadfast - despite the numerous SR activations, and the simple solution was a $10 blower.