Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-23-2009, 07:01 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Should I upgrade to the K20d ?....

Hello All,

It's been sometime since I've posted. I've been enjoying my K10d for about a year and 4 months now. I've been using it successfully for Infrared shots. Overall I love the camera. I know there has been much talk about the K20d and I've looked quickly over the specs and wanted to ask some of the more professional users if should upgrade.

I've noticed that the megapixel has increased as well as the change from CCD to CMOS sensor. I know in the past some arguments were brought up regarding the JPEG quality of the images on the K10D. Did the compression quality improve on the K20d? Also, will the CMOS sensor work for Infrared? Will I need longer exposures? Also, has shutter speed increased above 4000 of a second?

Thanks All......
David

02-23-2009, 07:04 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
A bit more....

Just to add: Can we expect Pentax (Or in this case Samsung the manufacturer), to produce a full 35mm sensor camera for Pentax? Is this in the works and will we still be able to use the former lenses etc? I was toying around with my friends D-3000 Nikon and was surprised when he told me it was a full 35mm sensor. I'm wondering if the larger sensor will indeed make any type of difference?

Also, has the burst mode increased in the K20d ?

QuoteOriginally posted by ruemiser Quote
Hello All,

It's been sometime since I've posted. I've been enjoying my K10d for about a year and 4 months now. I've been using it successfully for Infrared shots. Overall I love the camera. I know there has been much talk about the K20d and I've looked quickly over the specs and wanted to ask some of the more professional users if should upgrade.

I've noticed that the megapixel has increased as well as the change from CCD to CMOS sensor. I know in the past some arguments were brought up regarding the JPEG quality of the images on the K10D. Did the compression quality improve on the K20d? Also, will the CMOS sensor work for Infrared? Will I need longer exposures? Also, has shutter speed increased above 4000 of a second?

Thanks All......
David
02-23-2009, 07:48 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Yes.
Dunno, but there's an "IR look" mode that I've never used in it.
No.
No.
Flip a coin.
Yes.
Yes.
No.

There's no such thing as a D-3000 FF camera.