Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-01-2009, 07:42 PM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ben_Edict Quote
Yes, it is slower than some other cameras. Nevertheless it is s very noticeable advancement over any previous Pentax and at a level, which makes it very useable under most circumstances. My experience with the MZ-S is too limited to include that particualr modell, but the PZ-1p, which is considered to be the latest modell, that made some steps into a pro-modell direction, is certainly slower.
I agreed with everything you stated except for the above quote.

The MZ-S improved upon and replaced the PZ-1P, not the other way around.

The MZ-S was much better in many respects (including AF), and it was the last film camera (and it's flagship) made by Pentax.

PZ-1P - release date ~ 1996
MZ-S - release date 1999

03-02-2009, 12:43 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxmz Quote
You quoted me out of context. I was speaking of my own experience. If I have to keep my K20D set for + 2 stops of EV, that seems weird. Wouldn't you agree?
It would be weird if +2EV compensation was required to reach ISO stanadard exposure. It would not be weird if you needed +2EV compensation to get a white wedding dress to look white, or to get a usable exposure when a light source like a lamp is in the picture - that's perfectly normal. I'd have to see examples to know if something was "weird" or not. But given that none of the cameras I've used has demonstrated any problem whatsoever, and in virtually all cases where someone has posted samples to illustrate the supposed underexposure in their camera, it turned to be nothing of the sort, I'm rather doubtful.
03-02-2009, 01:58 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I agreed with everything you stated except for the above quote.

The MZ-S improved upon and replaced the PZ-1P, not the other way around.

The MZ-S was much better in many respects (including AF), and it was the last film camera (and it's flagship) made by Pentax.

PZ-1P - release date ~ 1996
MZ-S - release date 1999
I know the MZ-S came later. When I got one, I found it to be a nice amateur modell, but it did not live up to the expectations I had, waiting eagerly for another professional camera. Film transport was slow (though very quiet, which is a plus). I myself continued instead using the PZ-1p, being the better modell for my needs. But at that time - apart from trials - I never used AF, even with AF lenses...

Ben
03-02-2009, 01:06 PM   #34
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
... The MZ-S was much better in many respects (including AF), and it was the last film camera (and it's flagship) made by Pentax.
I thought the last film camera made by Pentax was the *ist August 2003?