Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-04-2009, 12:12 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Javaslinger Quote

<snip>

Fourth - LBA... It's starting... I bought my first additional lens beyond the kit lens... it was from a used camera shop... just a SMC 100-300 FA that I here isn't the best, but I got a good price... and it was right there, in front of me... just sitting there waiting to be used. And really how was I ever going to get up close to the squirrels, birds, deer, etc! I'm not exactly stealthy... I had no choice!!!!

<snip>

Ken
That lens is not the best, but in the 100-200 span it is decent. I have taken many good photos on my travels with that lens. Over 200 they tend to get very soft though. I haven't used it for years now, but don't regret I got it.

03-04-2009, 01:06 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Javaslinger Quote
Fourth - LBA... It's starting... I bought my first additional lens beyond the kit lens... it was from a used camera shop... just a SMC 100-300 FA that I here isn't the best, but I got a good price... and it was right there, in front of me... just sitting there waiting to be used.
You'll know the LBA is serious when you spend your non-camera time scouring eBay for just one more fast 28mm MFL (I now have 8) and yet another chunk of Russian glass. Meanwhile, if you check the Lens Database on the FA 100-300, you'll see that most complaints relate to its lightweight feel, not its optical quality. I have a few rather nice primes in the 180-300 range, but the FA 100-300 is what I carry everyday.
03-04-2009, 01:09 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Ha! Great post!

I'm hooked too.

I took a trip last week to Mexico with my family and took 1866 photos in 7 days. I actually couldn't believe it. So nice to have good light and warm weather and a change of scenery, and the K20D never let me down. Of course, I have two little girls to make sad faces for me, so that makes it somewhat worthwhile in the eyes of my wife.

Not suggesting you get married and have kids to justify your new hobby, but that aromatherapy stuff can only score you so many points.
03-04-2009, 01:11 PM   #19

I feel your pain, Ken. Since getting my Pentax I've spent a lot of time taking pictures of stuff like the sky because it's *pretty*. PRETTY! I'm an ex-rugby player working in IT with a background in engineering, for crying out loud!

I'm ruined...

03-04-2009, 01:50 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by VaughnA Quote
I frequent a rather oddball cycling group (the lounge on RoadbikeReview). When your first comment was get a roadbike with a wink I figured you were one of the folks from that group so I put in a couple of inside jokes.

And yes, I ride a fixie on the road. I occasionally soften up and set up for coasting.

And I have the same new problem as the original poster. I got a *ist DL a couple of weeks ago and can't stop taking photos. Now I have a BBA and LBA..
I've never heard of them, perhaps I'll check them out. I'm more likely to check into crazyguyonabike.com, or, more often than not, this place for hours on end.

My K20D should be arriving this week, coinciding conveniently with a slightly milder turn in the weather... perhaps BBA and LBA (not to mention a compulsion to take photos) will be hitting me soon as well. Though I doub't I'll get much more than a new chain on my bike for a while, it was a ridiculous spending-hole last summer but I suppose now I've got most of what I need. Maybe. On the other hand, I still don't have a wide or macro lens...