Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-25-2009, 07:03 PM   #1

Streaks on the image

I gave a Sunpak 611 flash on my K100D. I know, it doesn't do TTL, but I started with manual flash, so I'm pretty comfortable with "just" auto. Especially with a lot of prime glass. And the 611 has a remote sensor that sits on the hotshoe, so you can hold the flash for bounce.

On first view, the images looked great. I took a couple of pics of my cats who were intrigued by what I was doing. But what's with the nasty blue lines? (This is a crop of about 1/6 of the picture.) I see them with two different lenses (not that I could think of how a lens could do this). In other photos, they're red. And look different. In different places.

Almost looks to me like high frequency noise/voltage spike/whatever from the flash is working its way into the sensor read. Guess I really do need one of those fancy Wein isolators?

02-25-2009, 08:19 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I got a similar effect when shooting fireworks--a bit too close--in sub-zero temperatures in bulb mode (at f/8) on both my Canon camcorder (HF100) and K200D. I googled and found out that some folks with (Canon in that case) dslrs get the same effect when shooting stars.