Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-26-2009, 03:24 AM   #1
Veteran Member

K20D love the Swedish Climate!!!

Hello Folks!!

I just wanted to inform that the last weekend I was out and shoot with my k20d in snowstorm in sweden.

It was foggy, windy, rain & snow, cold as iceage. (Cameras should not be out in this conditions)

At first I was worry for the camera and my very old M-50mm 1,7 lens. I was less worry for the camera but the lens could be an issue...

I tell you what (and I won't tell you twice)

My k20d was smile!!
Becasue it didn't mind about the whether. The sealed body works like umbrella, clothes and protection.
It was wet all over and the lens as well after one day of shooting.

I took away the water with a towell when I got back to house and I never had a problem shooting in the whole time.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I think k20 loves the Swedish Climate.

Becasue snow, cold, storm and fog really didn't become it

I'm stunned!

02-26-2009, 05:44 PM   #2

Can you say a bit more about the lens? I have a few M and A series lenses that have spent a little time in the rain. But nothing major.

Any signs of water getting inside? Any signs of water getting in at the body/lens joint?

After getting wet, should anything special be done with an old lens? Leave it unwrapped near a heater for a couple of days?
02-26-2009, 08:54 PM   #3
Pentaxian

The Pentax K10D and the k200 also handle very cold Canadian weather. I've had mine out taking pictures in -25 to -30...works fine.
02-26-2009, 09:57 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by losecontrol Quote

I'm stunned!

Well, considering the K20D is not a sentient being, I will assume that the camera doesn't care where it is. But it is definitely good to hear that the camera is handling the cold without difficulty.

02-27-2009, 12:42 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxmz Quote
Well, considering the K20D is not a sentient being, I will assume that the camera doesn't care where it is. But it is definitely good to hear that the camera is handling the cold without difficulty.
hahaha, yeah true!
02-27-2009, 12:44 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dandaniel Quote
Can you say a bit more about the lens? I have a few M and A series lenses that have spent a little time in the rain. But nothing major.

Any signs of water getting inside? Any signs of water getting in at the body/lens joint?

After getting wet, should anything special be done with an old lens? Leave it unwrapped near a heater for a couple of days?
Its a M 50mm 1,7f old lens....It was out in the snow and wet all day and well I took away the water with a soft soft towel when I got back to house , and thatäs it I think you should avoid the heater! Very hot is not too good. Just leave it on a dry place and it will be superb the day after
02-27-2009, 03:16 PM   #7

Photos: Gallery
Are you really sure? My Pentax won't just shut up lately and keeps telling me over and over how bad of a photographer I am. If it is not a sentinent being, maybe those purple pills my doctor gave me had a purpose... Guess I'll never know

02-27-2009, 03:28 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by losecontrol Quote
Hello Folks!!

I just wanted to inform that the last weekend I was out and shoot with my k20d in snowstorm in sweden.

It was foggy, windy, rain & snow, cold as iceage. (Cameras should not be out in this conditions)

I'm stunned!
You should always store it in the fridge, to keep it that well acclimatised!

Ben
02-27-2009, 07:54 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Many of us have seen this from PentaxPoke, K10D has been in space. That make us proud on how sturdy our Pentax bodies go. Sometimes the complaints and the lacking may have overshadowed its strengths and values.

Thank you for sharing the wonderful experience in cold weather.
04-06-2009, 05:34 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I tried the same; I just had to give it a go. My manual lens didn’t like it the best, required some drying
(I was using an A-series lens)
04-06-2009, 08:04 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Well, considering the K20D is not a sentient being...
Then why does it keep asking me what focal length my lens is?

The Pentax loves the Pacific Northwest (USA) as well - though it didn't know what to make of that strange, yellow orb in the sky that appeared yesterday. Neither did I...