Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-06-2009, 05:28 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

The K100d Super has impressed me aswell. And it does good looking higher Iso.

QuoteOriginally posted by soccerjoe5 Quote
Yep! Also "Seculine". Here's a link to our local distro: KPS Universal Magnifying Eyepiece & Extender Set | Accessories

The specific model is U-13C. I found one on ebay: NEW KPS U-13C Magnifying Eyepiece 1.35x for Canon Nikon - eBay (item 230326951150 end time Mar-02-09 22:26:03 PST)

Compared this with the Nikon and Pentax eyepiece magnifiers, and as much as I love Pentax, this one comes out on top
Why do you prefer it over the Pentax one, does it have bigger magnification ?

QuoteOriginally posted by ghost Quote
You just blew my mind with that knowledge

sooooo you are saying 200 is 100, 300 is 200 and so on? Aren't all ISOs other than the base pushed?

It doesn't really matter but I'm an inquiring mind (great show btw)
By starting at a higher Iso base, you can expand further into high Iso territory. The D700 base is Iso 200, makes for extraordinary high Iso.

QuoteOriginally posted by Erik Quote
200-1600 is the true ISO range of the sensor. This means that in that range, the analog signal is amplified by the sensor electronics before it reaches the firmware. The difference in 3200 is that the sensor is set to amplify the signal to 1600, and then the firmware essentially just doubles all the bit values, i.e. a digital operation. Doubling the digital values of 1600 picture data means there is no more real information in a 3200 file than in a 1600 file. This is also why Nikon cameras call the highest ISOs silly things like Hi1 and Hi2; to further hammer in the point that these are just tricks pulled by the camera.
Thanks, I didn't know about the Hi1, etc.

QuoteOriginally posted by PentHassyKon Quote
Try these guys - :Rechargeable Batteries Battery Chargers Rechargeable Lithium Digital Camera Batteries Maha Ansmann Energizer Sanyo ZTS for batteries and chargers.

Check here for which battery: Digital Imaging Accessories Review: The Great Battery Shootout

I myself have NiMh rechargeables but somehow they might not be putting out the right voltage as my K200d just sees them as low in charge but they work great on my AF360. I might get the LaCrosse charger (BC-900) as it's able to charge one battery at a time...

I can't find the link I had for a review on the BC-900 but I'm sure if you google it for reviews you'll find it.

Amazon also sells the BC-900
Thanks, I could use a good charger. Does it take longer, with many batteries in ?

Edit : found something on the Maha charger
http://www.steves-digicams.com/maha_c204f.html

04-17-2009, 11:14 AM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PentHassyKon Quote
Try these guys - :Rechargeable Batteries Battery Chargers Rechargeable Lithium Digital Camera Batteries Maha Ansmann Energizer Sanyo ZTS for batteries and chargers.

Check here for which battery: Digital Imaging Accessories Review: The Great Battery Shootout

I myself have NiMh rechargeables but somehow they might not be putting out the right voltage as my K200d just sees them as low in charge but they work great on my AF360. I might get the LaCrosse charger (BC-900) as it's able to charge one battery at a time...

I can't find the link I had for a review on the BC-900 but I'm sure if you google it for reviews you'll find it.

Amazon also sells the BC-900
Will be looking into these... Thanks for the tip...

QuoteOriginally posted by soccerjoe5 Quote
I've realized that the battery charger is far more important than the batteries. Get an awesome charger (Maha/Powerex or La Crosse models) and your "mediocre" batteries perform superbly. I've had a dozen different kinds of NiMH batteries from cheapos to high end uber whiz bang models and I'm now using the cheap ones. Can't tell any diff from the high end expensive ones in my strobist work and I'm saving a lot of money too.
Interesting... I'll start with this and see. Will report on my findings

OT: I found a k100d for $300 and it supplements my k20d. Love the little beast! Find having a second body very cool. Sometimes for the convenience of having two lenses available... Like Old School having two iso available... And the true fun of sharing when I happen to cross paths with another shooter.

Niche soon? Thinking to IR convert in time... Seems the perfect candidate...