Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-07-2009, 07:51 AM   #46
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by melander Quote
had similar problems with my 50-135 lens, had a hard time finding focus, and the pictures was not "sharp". Tryed focus charts etc but in focus was blurry. Sent it to service 3 weeks ago, still no word from them.
that's nice of them...
Guys, I know you paid a lot of money for that neat SDM, but did you try manual focus, for comparing the results?
I mean: if you get constant good results with manual, then you know is the built in lens processor that's faulty.
if you still get images blurred or soft on random area, then should be one optical element that's misaligned. (tilted or such)

what kind of QC they do, I wonder? I keep reading this kind of reports for lenses you pay big bucks.

03-07-2009, 05:45 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by octavmandru Quote
what kind of QC they do, I wonder? I keep reading this kind of reports for lenses you pay big bucks.
That's true, that pretty much all the reports you read on these forums are negative reports (same regardless of the brand). Therefore, I'll give you my report on my 4 DA* lenses - they all work great and are well worth the money! That includes the much-maligned DA*16-50, which was magically "healed" when I put it on my K20D. The 50-135, 200 and 300 have been outstanding ever since I first used them over a year ago.
03-08-2009, 01:40 AM   #48
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by octavmandru Quote
that's nice of them...
Guys, I know you paid a lot of money for that neat SDM, but did you try manual focus, for comparing the results?
I mean: if you get constant good results with manual, then you know is the built in lens processor that's faulty.
if you still get images blurred or soft on random area, then should be one optical element that's misaligned. (tilted or such)

What do you think? do you send your lens on service whitout trying to focus manualy first? I give you a hint, the answer starts with a N ends with a O
I had the lens for 6 months before I sent it in.
03-08-2009, 02:13 AM   #49
Veteran Member

Please remember that these are just suggestions. No need to attack people here.