Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-03-2007, 06:51 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by slipchuck Quote
I just can't get beyond the skelton like body to see the beauty of the woman.
lord please bring back the sears catologe woman type bodies back to the runway

I believe Spain has assigned minimum weight limits in shows now.

04-03-2007, 07:22 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Perhaps...

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Pardon my ignorance, but isn't that the name of a TV program? Two people from different backgrounds change shoes?

Ben
...we could get the networks interested. Of course they would have to indemnify me for screwing up a serious fashion shoot, but my customers would be over the moon
04-03-2007, 07:35 PM   #18
Veteran Member

With that skin color I guess death is the popular look nowadays. She really should have tried a decent meal at least once a week.
04-03-2007, 10:02 PM   #19

So, I guess I am the only one who finds her absolutely stunning. That first picture in particular. Ben, what do you think? Is she just an average model or someone that you would consider shooting?

04-03-2007, 10:11 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dxdgenert Quote
So, I guess I am the only one who finds her absolutely stunning. That first picture in particular. Ben, what do you think? Is she just an average model or someone that you would consider shooting?
she has a pretty face, but has the body of a starving refugee, not attractive IMO, give her a few cheeseburgers a day for 6 months, then let's see her, hehe
04-03-2007, 10:36 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Stratman Quote
she has a pretty face, but has the body of a starving refugee, not attractive IMO, give her a few cheeseburgers a day for 6 months, then let's see her, hehe
How do you deduce that? I've been around high-school and college aged kids most of my life-certainly the age of this model. Between the zit's, bad teeth from poor eating and hygiene, poc marks from childhood diseases, the goofy hair-doos, pranks, smoking, accidents and just good old fashion wind and sun you just don't see skin like that anywhere.

That's Photoshop, man; taken where no man or women or real skin has ever been. Between the PS 'touching, stretching and tucking, you can't even be sure that's a real person!

And if it is, she probably wouldn't touch that cheeseburger even if you could convince her it was soy.
04-04-2007, 02:31 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Soooo True, no Burgers.

QuoteOriginally posted by jfdavis58 Quote
How do you deduce that? I've been around high-school and college aged kids most of my life-certainly the age of this model. Between the zit's, bad teeth from poor eating and hygiene, poc marks from childhood diseases, the goofy hair-doos, pranks, smoking, accidents and just good old fashion wind and sun you just don't see skin like that anywhere.

That's Photoshop, man; taken where no man or women or real skin has ever been. Between the PS 'touching, stretching and tucking, you can't even be sure that's a real person!

And if it is, she probably wouldn't touch that cheeseburger even if you could convince her it was soy.
She is from Slovenia. As for the retouch, not very much, as I saw her yesterday and her skin is quite flawless. She is studying Political Science in Slovenia. Very bright and speaks six languages.

But, I doubt if she will be eating too many "Cheese Burgers" that is for sure...
04-04-2007, 07:30 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan:
She is from Slovenia.
And where is that?

Oh, wait I know.

04-04-2007, 07:43 AM   #24
Inactive Account

quiet a beauty, as such a good candidate for beauty shot,
neck is usually longer on models, but this could be an advantage,
nice nose, small ears, good facial proportions,..
some of them lack experience in front of the camera,
as such, also fade faster,....

food question,.... do you offer them any snacks ?
most don't eat much or enough, and half way through the shoot, ready to pass out; maybe it's me, just not an Austin Powers, electrifying everything around me.
Slovenia, the new travel mekka, less overrun than Italy, as you can see, new talent too.

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
She is from Slovenia. As for the retouch, not very much, as I saw her yesterday and her skin is quite flawless. She is studying Political Science in Slovenia. Very bright and speaks six languages.

But, I doubt if she will be eating too many "Cheese Burgers" that is for sure...
04-04-2007, 12:58 PM   #25
Site Supporter

Now what is wrong with this size model?
good, healthy size but still thin. This size is what I would like my daughters to look up to, not any thinner.
Don't get me wrong. the woman we are all refering to is likey a good person. I just wish society, and in paticular, the fashion industry would't push an unhealthy look that she has.

04-04-2007, 05:34 PM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by slipchuck Quote
Now what is wrong with this size model?
good, healthy size but still thin. This size is what I would like my daughters to look up to, not any thinner.
Now along with being an attractive model, thats a great, simple shot with excellent dynamic range.

What telephoto did you use on that?

Larry
04-04-2007, 06:04 PM   #27
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mutley Quote
Now along with being an attractive model, thats a great, simple shot with excellent dynamic range.

What telephoto did you use on that?

Larry
gee, I guess I should have said that its a pick from victoria's secret website.... I wish I could get such models to pose for me!

sorry for the confusion,

randy
04-04-2007, 07:24 PM   #28
Veteran Member

She looks much healthier than the other model, notice, she has a "womanly" shape, not a stick figure like the other girl. I am not putting the 1st model down in any way, i just feel bad for these girls , as i think they feel they HAVE to be rail thin to get work. Where in reality, the majority of men in this world like a woman with a few curves
04-05-2007, 05:07 AM   #29
Veteran Member

Really?

QuoteOriginally posted by Stratman Quote
Where in reality, the majority of men in this world like a woman with a few curves
The majority of fashion designers dont prefer women at all....
04-05-2007, 05:11 AM   #30
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I'm Not Sure

QuoteOriginally posted by dxdgenert Quote
"New Madison" Model Agency in Paris, sent me her comp amongst others for my consideration. It is difficult for me to make a good assessment by her images. In many cases, when the model is known, I can book from the images only. But when she is a debutant, I prefer to see her directly, as debutant images are often done by debutant photographers, some being very good others, not so great. I may see something in her that someone else may not. It is so subjective. But based on these images, I would not book her directly. She is pretty yes. But not my taste.

Ben