Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-05-2007, 05:13 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Natalia

QuoteOriginally posted by slipchuck Quote
Now what is wrong with this size model?
good, healthy size but still thin. This size is what I would like my daughters to look up to, not any thinner.
Don't get me wrong. the woman we are all refering to is likey a good person. I just wish society, and in paticular, the fashion industry would't push an unhealthy look that she has.

Yeah I know her, I met her at the French Vogue Party last year. She is Russian with Viva Agency...She is 6'-2". Not crazy about her face, but a "Top Model" none the less.

04-05-2007, 05:53 AM   #32

Feel free to brow beat me on this one. But to me it comes down to culture. We here in the states look up to the "healthy girl next door " image. The European culture have a different slant on what we could call a cosmopolitan look. I think the model on the left Ben has posted is a stunning woman and the one on the(same girl,different look) right does not fit into what we here think as beautiful. But she fits into the culture of the European cosmopolitan look. It's about what sells guys. Just my 2 cents, Keep the change
TedP

Last edited by TedP; 04-05-2007 at 01:16 PM.
04-06-2007, 12:08 AM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Yeah I know her, Not crazy about her face
If she decided she'd go out with me, I'd probably find a way to accept her face...

Larry
04-06-2007, 12:57 AM   #34

Just want to add one thing to the debate. Not at all a beatdown on you Ted. But Europe is not really homogenous. The fashion that comes out of Scandinavia is different from that from Paris or Great Brittain, and vice versa. The ultra-thin look (with no particular references to the girl in question, or Benjamin as a photographer) has also been under debate in Europe.

I think the industry has been aware of the amount of models who struggle with bulimia and anorexia. But just recently there seems to be a hightened counsiousness when it comes to actually letting it out in the open, and talking about it. That is atleast a step forward I think.